quick Bios question??....

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
ok this is regarding a P5N-TDeluxe Mobo.

I was looking around in the Bios when i got to the Advanced tab.
i go Advanced>PCIPnP and there are two parts:
Plug & Play O/S [no]
Primary Display Adapter [PCI]

Now for the primary display adapter...there are two choices, PCI and PCIe, should i be changing that too PCIe?
i am using a 9800GTXOC pci-e card. but by default the Bios sets it to PCI...so should i change it??? to PCIe??

I dont think theres any difference between which one you choose.
i think thats for like if you have an PCI and an PCI-E card, and you choose which one should be the "Master" display adapter, but since you only got one, it shouldnt matter.
though i could be wrong, maybe your manual can tell you something.

my friends chose the PCI-E, i just left it at default.

I dont think theres any difference between which one you choose.
i think thats for like if you have an PCI and an PCI-E card, and you choose which one should be the "Master" display adapter, but since you only got one, it shouldnt matter.
though i could be wrong, maybe your manual can tell you something.

my friends chose the PCI-E, i just left it at default.

i checked the manual..and it doesn't give any info...just tells me what it is and what the default settings are.

right now i changed it to PCIe....i just want to know if that was a good move....or put it back to PCI (aka default setting)

I live by the principles of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) and "If it ain't broken, don't mess with it". Unless it's been causing you a problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

I live by the principles of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) and "If it ain't broken, don't mess with it". Unless it's been causing you a problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

I learned that the hard way.... kind of.
Reason why i have to keep buying computer parts is because i always mess with my computer instead of just sitting back and enjoy it like most people. Then eventually, something breaks.
So far, im doing pretty good with my new build, though i dont use it much either.

Back
Top Bottom