Computer Runs Slow. Freezes Around 3 Hours.

Raukue

Beta member
Manufacturer:
HP-Pavilion
Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory:
1918MB RAM
Hard Drive:
310 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Monitor:
HP vp15 LCD Monitor
Sound Card:
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Altec Lansing
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Operating System:
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)

My computer was just fine one day then the next is when it starts acting up. About every 3 hours I need to restart. When I play music, mostly on WMP, it sort of stutters. When I play a game and do a save it does a small 3 second freeze. I close and open the game and sometimes it does that, other times it does fine.

Last time I had this problem there was a small dead roach caught on the fan, I got it out, all better. Yes, have a roach problem. But I don't know what it is this time. I have cleaned it out several times, no more dust or anything inside. I have done spyware scans, defrags and all those other kind of things. I have un-installed a few things and still.

I am thinking it is a hardware issue mostly but could be software. I would re-format if I had an external hard drive to save my stuff first but since I do not, re-formatting could be a waste. I have not re-formatted in all the time I had it, being about 2 years now? Not sure.

I am on wireless internet though never had a problem with it before. I just don't know what to do. Don't have the money to get it checked on unless it were cheap. Can anyone help?

when you reinstall windows, there should be an option where you wont reformat, and it will save all the files from before, even the old windows (Unfortunately).
the beast and cheapest way is to reinstall windows, and if your computer is still acting up, then you would know its the hardware.

when you reinstall windows, there should be an option where you wont reformat, and it will save all the files from before, even the old windows (Unfortunately).
the beast and cheapest way is to reinstall windows, and if your computer is still acting up, then you would know its the hardware.

basically summed it up in a nut shell :)...

So that means if I re-install windows, I can keep all the games and all that I have installed on here?

My computer did not come with a Vista CD so it is on the D drive for re-installing windows.

If this is the case I might do it if I can keep my games and other files. Think I could use this though?

Not that clear on what it does. I think it allows windows to be re-installed without the junk.

http://www.vlite.net/

No other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom