Why do computer technicians have bad handwriting?

Computer Head

Fully Optimized
I was just thinking that every computer technician or person with above-average technical expertise that I have met (and observed their handwriting) has had bad handwriting (myself included). I'm not saying that I have good handwriting either; IMHO I have the worst chicken-scratch I have ever seen. Everybody I worked with in Technology Services at my old school district had horrible handwriting. Half the time reading their notes was deciphering their writing. Anybody else notice this trend?

Disclaimer: No offense is being directed towards anybody who is a computer technician or above-average technical expertise. I don't know you. Just speaking from past experiences.

yea my handwriting sucks lol.
people who like / use computers a lot tend to type up most of their work, so write on paper less and less. that was the case for me anyway.

yea my handwriting sucks lol.
people who like / use computers a lot tend to type up most of their work, so write on paper less and less. that was the case for me anyway.
That's true. I think it's important to continue practice handwriting, though. Sometimes you really do need to write legible notes/letters/messages/whatever, even if most of that is now being done on a computer, and having good handwriting is a plus.

I'm writing all day in school so my writing is pretty good.

I have noticed this as well. All of my tech-smart friends have near illegible handwriting. I myself have very bad handwriting.

I don't know what causes this. This would be a really good scientific study, maybe for a psychology class. It would be interesting to find out.

"If you hand somebody a note and are asked "WTF does this say" at least 3 times a day, you must be a computer technician!"

:p

it goes hand in hand with being a nerd.

Doctors- nerds of the body
Computers technicians- nerds of... this really doesn't need explaining, just take it and run.

My friend today was saying somthing similar. His point was:

"If people write slowly, it means that their hands work as fast as their brains, and so they are dumb. If you have messy handwriting, you are clever"

I'm not saying I agree, I just thought it was funny

Oh, I thought the title was setting up a joke.

I was severely disappointed.

I've noticed this many times before. Also tend to have less consistent handwriting; that is to say it changes a lot. I'd say dude_se has hit the nail on the head.

i write pretty nice, people said i have nice hand writing, and i work on computers.
So i dont think its true to all.
I write in like 10 point font (compared to typing) and somebody just cant read what i write, and ask me what i wrote.
I either write small or all caps.
I type faster than i write though.

Back
Top Bottom