ATI Radeon 3450 good for gaming?

JoeBro

Baseband Member
I would like to know if a ATI Radeon 3450 is good for gaming. Playing games like Battlefield 2, Age Of Empires 3, C&C3, Red Alert 3, you get the idea. Is it good enough? I don't want to play VERY good graphics games like Crysis, but something near that. So do you know?

Do ya?! Do ya?! Do ya!? :D

I'm really confused on exactly what those actually are. Sure, AA means Anti-Aliasing and AF means Anisotropic Filtering, but how exactly will that affect me? As for resolution, preferably in the 1000s.

Sure, AA means Anti-Aliasing and AF means Anisotropic Filtering, but how exactly will that affect me?
AA blurs the edges to reduce jaggies. AF improves the texture detail of the ground, objects further away from the player.
As for resolution, preferably in the 1000s.
In the 1000s doesn't really mean much. For example, I have a 22" and my resolution is 1600x1200, that's the information I need.

I thought AA only needs to be turned on when its being playing in a native resolution, but when you are playing at the same resolution as your desktop, then you dont need AA.
Though sometimes AA does make the game look better, and sometimes all it does is take up FPS.

AA blurs the edges to reduce jaggies. AF improves the texture detail of the ground, objects further away from the player.

In the 1000s doesn't really mean much. For example, I have a 22" and my resolution is 1600x1200, that's the information I need.

What would you recommend? And tell me if the video card meets those recommendations. :)

What would you recommend? And tell me if the video card meets those recommendations.
Like I said, you need to tell us whether you play with AA/AF and what your monitor's native resolution is.
I thought AA only needs to be turned on when its being playing in a native resolution, but when you are playing at the same resolution as your desktop, then you dont need AA.
AA is supposed to be for playing at below the monitor's native res, where jaggies are more visible.

then why does people turn on AA when they arent playing at a native resolution?

then why does people turn on AA when they arent playing at a native resolution?
Are you sure you understand native resolution? For example, the native resolution of a 22" widescreen is 1680x1050, the native resolution of a 17" 4:3 is 1280x1024.

Back
Top Bottom