I have heard rumors...

Kasper

Baseband Member
From what I heard, in a couple of years, there is a chance that programing could go over seas. I just wana see what you guys think, and maybe I heard wrong.

basicly, theres a chance computer programing could be going over seas. the entire career. it's just what i hear tho.

You mean... that NO americans will be programming? Or that Somali pirates will be writing C++ Viri on their mother ships? Im confused!

basicly, theres a chance computer programing could be going over seas. the entire career. it's just what i hear tho.

THat's what they said about IT as well, but there are still people in the US and everything doing that job. There is already a fair amount of programming going on all over the world. Other countries are virtually no threat to EVERY programmer in the US, only a very very small number of them (aka Symantec programmers)

There will still be a lot of American companies that employ programmers IMO. Even if most of the big software companies outsource, a lot of SMBs or even some larger companies have to employ people with programming knowledge for their proprietary systems.

There will always be American programmers. Want to know why? Well, if you outsource everything then you still only work 12 hours around the clock. However, if you keep American programmers, but you outsource the other half of the job, you get people working 24 hours around the clock and you get more efficiency out of your day.

it's not entirely true. There were always be a need for programmers in N. America

Well, my uncle said not to get into computer programing, because its going over seas. He was an engineer, and he lost his job, so he's becoming a math teacher. My dad called bullshit on him, and I gess dad was right. I was just checking my sources. Just because I do not want to not go into programing, if I would be in a sweat shop, getting hit by a bamboo stick "Work Faster!" hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom