Easy question. Vista or XP?

okay some things i would look at :

pros
directx 10 is killer on turok and aoc have it so its already in use as the new standard
clean streamless file and screen movement
less virus's
user friendly

cons
memory hog
run as admin when apps dont work even with ultimate
cant move files with out alarms being raised (i cant if i do 5 popups come up)
apps that were coded for xp only and shifted to vista dont work 100%
new standard in the computer world jump on of fall behind

that my thoughts

xp is like olde reliable even tho that its trojans magnets and not very forgiving with new games

Of course I recommend you Windows Xp instead of Vista, because Vista takes too many resources. Xp is a bit faster I think.

http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=629472&postcount=23

Ideal for this I think.

I suggest the 64bit version. Software developers are going to be forced to support 64bit within the next year or so due to the standard amount of memory being needed and used going beyond the 32bit 4GB addressing limit. So that rules out any compatibilty arguement. Not to mention I've yet to find software I cant run. WoW is mature and works perfectly well for me.

Vista. DX10 will make your games look better plus all of the new games require it. Who cares if it hogs RAM? RAM is like $50 nowadays. For a high-end computer that's nothing. I think that people who have RAM as their main reason for not buying Vista either are being cheap or don't know what they're talking about.

Vista? Pffttt...I'm waiting for Windows 7 when it comes out next year, it looks like Vista but it's suppose to be "better" including a performance boost etc.
And available in 64bit and also Windows Server 08 coming out. or is it already out?

Maybe they will have a special deal for people who have bought Vista...I bought it the day it came out and then a few years later a new OS comes out...

Vista for newer games Direct X 10. I also heard from my friends Vista is still pretty buggy, but for my new build I am getting Vista Ultimate, I wanna get more fimilair with Vista, I still love XP though :D

Back
Top Bottom