Windows corrupt file help

Ins4n3_187

Solid State Member
This is the first time i ever had this happen to me but last night i installed World In Conflict and once it was done i started the game up, it froze once i got the menu so i just figured oh well but then my whole computer froze so I just hit the reset button. After it gets passed my rram check all that i get this message that says "Windows has failed to start because the Windows/system32/config/system file is missing or corrupt."

Ive tried using the CD but apparently it couldnt find any hard disk and i dont have a floppy drive to boot from that so im screwed. I dont know what to do now, my mobo is MSI. I have 4 years worth of files and game mods, pretty much my whole digital life is in there ever since i built her. I asked many places but a bunch of bad people gave crappy advice and didnt read my post right enough. Please somebody help me, im desperate to get my files, i have my school work and projects that i need to get done! urggh Microsoft d*** you at the moment! Thanks for any good help!!!

set the cd drive as primary in the bios then put the xp cd in and try a repair installation

Assuming you made the cd drive the first boot device and then couldn't see a hard drive disk, is the hard drive disk detected in the bios?

Check all the cables to ensure one isn't loose.

If it is not detected in the bios is sounds ominously like a dead hard drive.

Let us know if it is detected in the bios, can you try it in another pc as a slave drive to see if it is recognised?

Assuming you made the cd drive the first boot device and then couldn't see a hard drive disk, is the hard drive disk detected in the bios?

Let us know if it is detected in the bios, can you try it in another pc as a slave drive to see if it is recognised?

It's not always the hard drive

My computer had a problem about a weak ago where the computer would go through a continuous boot cycle so I resized the petition(hirens boot cd) -> made another petition -> installed xp to that petition -> backed up the data -> did a full reformat and it work fine after that

That is why I asked if it was recognised in the bios, if yours was looping then it obviously was, his isn't found when he boots via the XP cd so the chances of it being the hdd are higher I would hazard.

We won't know until he responds I guess.

OT - Spelling and grammar nazi

weak = week
petition = partition
work = works or worked

;)

:D

Yeah it sees it in the BIOS but it wont wheni try to repair windows XP. Its using a SATA cable.

is there any possible way to back up my files in my hard drive? i cant bear losing it. Im already planning on building a new rig. But first i would love to at least try to repair windows XP

Back
Top Bottom