Top guitarist of all time?

^Alex is indeed awesome.

I'm very partial to Satch as well. Not only is he a great shredder but he really seems like an awesome guy all around. Alex seems pretty down to earth, too. If you guys didn't see Rush play on Colbert you should go look it up, pretty funny interview.

rush = boring.

borat = wrong :D

^Alex is indeed awesome.

I'm very partial to Satch as well. Not only is he a great shredder but he really seems like an awesome guy all around. Alex seems pretty down to earth, too. If you guys didn't see Rush play on Colbert you should go look it up, pretty funny interview.

borat = wrong :D

curse you. i was listening to the radio while posting rush = boring and they started playing rush :(

well, the guitarist is good but i just don't like their music. its too bland.

I don't think you can really narrow it down to the top guitarist of all time, there are brilliant guitarists in every genre and each genre has its own "legends". But some of my personal favorites are dudes like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eddie Van Halen, Angus Young, John Frusciante, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, and modern guys like Jack White (I think he writes some pretty ballin' music), Jim Root, Dan Donegan, Zoltan Balthory just to name a few, there are others I can't really think of at the moment haha

As a guitarist myself the "greatest" players that have had an influence on me are the great flatpickers like Norman Blake, Doc Watson and Chet Atkins. I really love to play that kind of music, never ceases to amaze me the sounds they can get out of acoustic guitars.

curse you. i was listening to the radio while posting rush = boring and they started playing rush :(

well, the guitarist is good but i just don't like their music. its too bland.

lol

Well we all don't have the same tastes... that would make for zero musical variety which would suck. But I like Rush a lot... used to not like them at all until I started listening to a few of their songs that don't get much radio play. They have one of the best drummers of all time and you gotta hand it to them... for a three man band they make some pretty epic music.

Here's a favorite song of mine. Great playing by Alex and one of my favorite solos ever at 2:35. It's not exactly technically impressive or super fast shredding but with the somber mood of the song and everything... it just seems so powerful and expressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UUJF3aOPnw

lol

Well we all don't have the same tastes... that would make for zero musical variety which would suck. But I like Rush a lot... used to not like them at all until I started listening to a few of their songs that don't get much radio play. They have one of the best drummers of all time and you gotta hand it to them... for a three man band they make some pretty epic music.

Here's a favorite song of mine. Great playing by Alex and one of my favorite solos ever at 2:35. It's not exactly technically impressive or super fast shredding but with the somber mood of the song and everything... it just seems so powerful and expressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UUJF3aOPnw

well i dunno, he seems like a great guitarist but their vocals piss me off too.

Carlos Santana > Black Magic Woman
Peter Frampton > Do You Feel Like I Do
Jerry Garcia > Touch of Gray
Roy Clark > (Country) I've seen him on the tube when he's played at the Grand Old Opery and on other programs. Any one that has given a listen to some of his solo instrumentals can attest to he sure can play.

He got my vote. Too bad he didn't write the song.
Haha, yeah that is true, but he stilled did a damn good job with the guitar in it. He was really good at using the noise and whatnot from the amp as part of his song, like in the star-spangled banner. Tom Morello is really good too, he can make some wild songs, I put him on par with Jimi Hendrix, and since I like audioslave songs a lot, I voted for Tom Morello.

Eddie Van Halen

And how could you not include Les Paul on that list?? He invented the solid body electric guitar that all those guys use and every guitarist uses to this day.

Back
Top Bottom