Asus Update problem...

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
i am running the asus update utility, and it runs and tells me that there is an newer version. so it downloads the newer version, but doesn't run the install. so i went to the Asus site and downloaded the latest version of this software...and still same problem.

Anyone know how to fix this???

if your computer has asus ez flash downlod the bios from the company website put it on a floppy disk (not sure if cd rom works) go to bios (del on startup- first screen) go to the utility in the bios and go to the drive your files on.

A word of warning - never ever use AsusUpdate in an x64 environment, it is a known board killer

If you are encountering problems with AsusUpdate now is probably a good time to stop using it.

I asume you are certain it is the correct bios, yes? Not being smart to you or anything but it does happen ;)

I would strongly recommend AFUDOS either from a Floppy or bootable flash drive (my favourite method) or EZ-Flash as above.

If you are encountering problems with AsusUpdate now is probably a good time to stop using it.

I asume you are certain it is the correct bios, yes? Not being smart to you or anything but it does happen ;)

I am running it in 32 environment. and yes i know its the correct bios...not to worry :).

but like you said, theres no point in messing around with it...doesn't work now...meaning it'll only be more problems further down. i will just go with the methods above :).
thanks all :D

Back
Top Bottom