Is LimeWire considered Illegal?

eslfish

Fully Optimized
Yeah, title says it all, I got into an arguement with my dad about it. Is it really Illegal? Because I think its a Sharing program, people put the songs up there, so therefore it isn't illegal. You can also upgrade to pro on it by paying money..but is it really illegal?

thanks!

Limewire itself is not illegal 99.9% of content on Limewire is illegal but due to the fact limewire itself doesnt host the illegal content liewires isnt illegal.

FYI forget limewire go with Frostwire. - Google it

It is illegal to share files that are not freeware. In other words, it is illegal to download from Limewire everything that you would normally pay for.

Downloading Linux distros is perfectly legal however.

Limewire itself is not illegal 99.9% of content on Limewire is illegal but due to the fact limewire itself doesnt host the illegal content liewires isnt illegal.

FYI forget limewire go with Frostwire. - Google it

I don't see any differences between limewire and frostwire except for the skin. If there are significant differences please tell me

Anyone who still uses Limewire really needs to go here. Frostwire is like Limewire Pro for free. You get the "turbo-charged downloads" [you connect to more ultrapeers, therefore potentially increasing download speed and search results], and all the other "features" that Limewire Pro has for free.

As for the original thread topic, Limewire itself is legal, however what 99.9% of its users download is not.

i used ares for a while but the sources died out so i started using lime wire... never really had any problems there, still scan all the files for saftey because i caught a virus from downloading before...

Back
Top Bottom