Best to learn first

Goldeneye

Baseband Member
i'm sorry if this question has been asked before but what would be a good language to learn first? I know a very very small amount of HTML but that is all. I plan on going to college for computer engineering which requires some computer science classes and would like to get a good background before beginning (I'm going to be a senior in high school when school starts back up in 3 days) and maybe pick it up as a hobby. Anyways the three I was deciding between were C++, Java, and Visual Basic.net, or is there another one that would be good? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hey man!

Listen to be honest I think you should learn Python. The only reason I reccomend such a beginner (I use the term loosely as this language is very useful) language is because programming is all about concepts. Once you understand variables, loops, if-then statements, try-catch statements, triggers, etc, you will be able to program in ALL languages. The only problem you will face will be learn syntax. Other than syntax, most languages are very similar. I began with Visual Basic back my freshman year of high school, then C++ sophomore. Sometime in between I taught myself some Python and some C#. This year my goal is to fluent in DX.

Hey man!

Listen to be honest I think you should learn Python. The only reason I reccomend such a beginner (I use the term loosely as this language is very useful) language is because programming is all about concepts. Once you understand variables, loops, if-then statements, try-catch statements, triggers, etc, you will be able to program in ALL languages. The only problem you will face will be learn syntax. Other than syntax, most languages are very similar. I began with Visual Basic back my freshman year of high school, then C++ sophomore. Sometime in between I taught myself some Python and some C#. This year my goal is to fluent in DX.

Yeah, Python is a good language!

I would try javascript first, you can learn all the basics in programing first and maybe move on to perl,python etc. Stay clear of C++ at the moment, that is probably the most complicated and not the easiest to start with

I would try javascript first, you can learn all the basics in programing first and maybe move on to perl,python etc. Stay clear of C++ at the moment, that is probably the most complicated and not the easiest to start with
Yeah, C++ is a bitc* to learn, even when you allready know other languages....

Im going to try and learn C#, then see how I do with C++. They are supposed to be similar.

Hey man!

Thanks for info

Go for python, the college I went to actually used it for their Computer Science 1 class, it's a good language because it's easy to learn the basics and you can make some pretty cool stuff with it.

Back
Top Bottom