Please Suggest

That's kind of a loaded question as everyone will have a different opinion, it could also depend on your computer specs. I personally like vista, but if your system isn't up to it and you want to do gaming you could go with XP. If you don't do much gaming or don't want to pay for an OS you could go with a distro of linux. It all depends, give us some more info.

depends on what you'll need it for, computer specs, etc.
most people will say vista, linux (ubuntu or something), or osx, as those are obviously the main ones, and id only really suggest linux for the more advanced user.

personally i think Xp is really good...i have been using it for years now, and don't plan on going to vista.
Linux is abit harder to work with, is most definitely for the more advanced user. Xp does everything you'll ever need, and you don't need a crazy high performance pc either :)

Which Operating System Is Best ?

Get at least a 2.4GHz dual core CPU (1.8GHz Quad core) and 3GB of ram (doesn't need to be good ram) and a good 320+GB 7200+RPM Hard Drive. But get Vista(any type will do) 64BIT

Get at least a 2.4GHz dual core CPU (1.8GHz Quad core) and 3GB of ram (doesn't need to be good ram) and a good 320+GB 7200+RPM Hard Drive. But get Vista(any type will do) 64BIT

How does this help with deciding what OS to get. A little bit more information would be helpful from the user though.

Cheers!

But get Vista(any type will do) 64BIT

That's messed up. O.P. would be missing out on Media Center if he opts for Vista Business and Basic. Wouldn't be able to join a domain if he selects Vista Home Premium. There are plenty of options to consider even when choosing a version of Vista. Think before you speak.

Back
Top Bottom