a way to find out?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so far, i think i am just going to stick with my stock cooler for now.
But i have a few question.
How much can a board bend, since it seems like everybody says their boards are getting bent when they installed the heatsink.
and is there a way to find out if i actually installed the heatsink right and that i wont be getting any errors the more i use my computer?
thanks in advance

EDIT - Also, please vote on the poll if you are in 775 users, i want to see how many actually stuck with push pins.

well.. surely they bend the board, but if one of them loose it will still look bent. I don't like pushpins.
// got for bro an old 775 celeron, I'm not fanboy of eighter side.

i used a push pin when i installed my Asus triton79. I was very pleased with how easy it was to install...
The heat sink i have, is pretty large and heavy, and i was worried about wether or not it would stay...cause i would hate to come home and find my heatsink laying on my graphics card.

As for knowing if you've installed it right, you should hear "clicks" on all four corners when you push them down. If you don't...it means its not completely pushed down...or lined up. Then you can simply do a little check...and see if the heatsink feels as tho its sterdy and holds strong.
i've used push-pin 775 for awhile now on a lot of the builds i've put together, can't say i've had any issues with them, nor installing or other related problems.

I don't have a 775 board, but having worked in a repair shop I've worked on enough and if I owned one I would get rid of the pieces of crap.

the only pushpin one I would trust the stock coolers. Anything after that I would just stay clear from.

the only pushpin one I would trust the stock coolers. Anything after that I would just stay clear from.

the asus triton i bought had very good quality push-pin. wasn't cheap at all :)...mind you, i spent 69.99$CAD on it :)

im only using a stock heatsink so far, i dont know if should get a better. I probably wont be OCing anytime soon since i like how it performs now.
I ran Prime 95 and opened up Realtemps and Everest to monitor my temps and see if they were the same, and they were.
I ran it for 7 hours (left it on overnight)
According to Realtemps, the hottest its got was 46C and the lowest was 33C.
Does that seem like i put the HSF on correctly?

this is my first C2D processor, i know that they run a whole lot cooler, but i dont know if they should run about a couple of degrees cooler. Just wanted to be safe.
though, i guess it would also depend on the case and the airflow huh..

Nobody can tell you exactly at what temperature your CPU should run. There are just too many variables. Ambient temp, IHS and base flatness, TIM etc etc.

But like Lukaszr said, you should hear clicks on all four corners as you push them down, and if they aren't properly secured, they will simply spring up again.

Back
Top Bottom