The right vid card to buy?

i got the dual slot edition of the 8800GT for $150 during summer, and it doesnt seem like it keeps it as cool, my friend got the XFX one, and the heatsink was smaller, yet we got the same temps.

the 9800GT and 8800GT will perform the same, i think they got the same cores. the only difference is that the 9800GT is DX10.1 and has OpenGL 2.1 IIRC.

So is dual slot bette than single slot?

the 8800GT isnt good for 1680 x 1050 display?

it is. and so is my 8600 GT 256 MB

and btw does this one work with 1680X1050(kinda stupid I know but I might get it so I don't have to buy a new one for years and I need to make sure it works)

yeah, i think so.
I dont think i will ever waste that much on a graphics card.
The max would be $200, and i would have a lot of second thoughts, unless i think its absolutely worth it.
I wouldnt mind spending $150 though, i think i will just stick to that price range, every card will get outdated in a year, so to me, its not worth it to spend so much on a card....

Everybody says that the dual slot edition is better because it blows the hot air back out, but to me, its about the same as a single slot.
I guess the good thing about a dual slot edition is that the hot air gets out of the case instead of getting trapped inside and making ever thing else hot.

haha.
my first card was $50, it was outdated and refurbished, but compared to onboard and it being my first card.... IT.. WAS.. A... BEAST!!!!!
haha, till i bought my first high end card, after that... i got hooked on getting high end graphics card.

I don't game too much. The games I do play are WarCraft III and Counter-Strike: CZ. I can already max those out with this. All I care about is speed. I like to be able to run multiple things. I also like looks. So with the money I would save from buying a high-end video card, I can spend on the other parts.

funny thing about me is that i buy all these parts for my computer to play all the latest games, and yet i only play about 5 hours a week on my computer...
maybe when NFS Undercover or GTA4 comes out is when i will start playing on my computer more often.
I guess i like the idea that i have a good computer.

pci-e 2.0 is backwards compatible with all pci-e slots.
they are both PCI-E X16 slots, the only difference is that PCI-E 2.0 delivers twice the bandwidth which is X32, but theres no card out there that can use up all X16 bandwidth.

to answer your question - Yes, It will work with your PCI-E slots

Back
Top Bottom