should i update?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so i got the P06 bios on my XFX board, and the most recent one is the P08 bios.
I dont know if i should update, i get worried of bricking my board. the P08 bios contains

* Added support for new Penryn dual core CPUs
* Added FSB-overclocking support to the new Penryn FSB-1066/1333 CPUs
* Fixed compatibility issues of OS + ACPI
* Fixed restoring disabled device states & fan speeds after suspend/resume
* Fixed PCI and PCIe compatibility issues
* Added device functionality improvements (includes GPUs & Sound cards)
* Fixed SATA / MAC / USB compatibility issues
* Added support for auto-overvoltaging when overclocking
* Improved nTune compatibility
* Improved memory compatibility
* SLI-Memory option is disabled for 4 DIMM configurations. Manual memory overclocking is still possible at the user's discretion

so far, my computer is doing fine, and i havent overclocked yet, and if i did, i will probably OC to 3.0Ghz.
If i update, will i get any performance gains with my current hardware?
specs are on the sig.
thanks in advance

so i got the P06 bios on my XFX board, and the most recent one is the P08 bios.
I dont know if i should update, i get worried of bricking my board. the P08 bios contains

* Added support for new Penryn dual core CPUs
* Added FSB-overclocking support to the new Penryn FSB-1066/1333 CPUs
* Fixed compatibility issues of OS + ACPI
* Fixed restoring disabled device states & fan speeds after suspend/resume
* Fixed PCI and PCIe compatibility issues
* Added device functionality improvements (includes GPUs & Sound cards)
* Fixed SATA / MAC / USB compatibility issues
* Added support for auto-overvoltaging when overclocking
* Improved nTune compatibility
* Improved memory compatibility
* SLI-Memory option is disabled for 4 DIMM configurations. Manual memory overclocking is still possible at the user's discretion

so far, my computer is doing fine, and i havent overclocked yet, and if i did, i will probably OC to 3.0Ghz.
If i update, will i get any performance gains with my current hardware?
specs are on the sig.
thanks in advance

I've had computers that I wait 10 year to update the BIOS for, and I notice no difference, so I would let it go 'til 2050.

so with all those improvements, i wouldnt see any performance gains with my current hardware?
and i shouldnt update my BIOS yet?
(i will only update bios if there will be performance gains)

performance gains you won't gain. its not very important to update it...unless there were fixes for hardware that wasn't working or something.

performance gains you won't gain. its not very important to update it...unless there were fixes for hardware that wasn't working or something.

I was going to say the same thing. I'd research more on what exactly were the compatibility issues that are corrected ... meaning what issue with SATA was resolved? And if doing the update ... would these corrections benefit you. However, I am of the camp of trying to keep my pc as up-to-date as possible. With all the various components that can be added to a pc ... I like to make sure all things can run as smoothly as possible. So basically I'd say do it ... that's just me. If you're not confident in updating your BIOS ... then by all means DONT DO IT.

Back
Top Bottom