computer building

standby1

Beta member
hi all. i am building a new computer. does anyone know where to get a free copy of an old windows os like 98se or something?
i was goin to install ubuntu, but i am havving trouble with my ubuntu laptop syncing itouch.

THANKS!

You will have to pay for Microsoft Software, I'm afraid. Even if it is old like 98.

go for DSL linux, or mandriva.

they will statisfy Your needs.

DSL is not an operating system. It's a way to connect to the internet.

At the OP. Linux is a good os if you have time to learn it. As for getting an old OS like Win98 or 98SE, check your local repair shops. Sometimes you may luck up and find a good disc for a couple of dollars.

DSL is not an operating system. It's a way to connect to the internet.

At the OP. Linux is a good os if you have time to learn it. As for getting an old OS like Win98 or 98SE, check your local repair shops. Sometimes you may luck up and find a good disc for a couple of dollars.

assuming he meant dam small linux there in which case dsl is an operating system

correct. Its damn small linux.
wich is a quite good one.
Has all what avarage user needs.
Good hardware support too, I think its one of the coolest.
50 Mbyte so can be loaded to ram , works fast.

yer ive used it a few times pretty good loads quickly indeed
a good think about linux is a lot of them have a live cd whereby you can load the operating system without installing it , in fact theoretically even without a hard drive to see what its like before you install it

*cough* *torrents* *cough*
achoo!
sorry bout that, had something in my throat!

Back
Top Bottom