how do i make a site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamchickenlover

Daemon Poster
How do i make a website? all i want to do is have a site for our farm and we only need a few static pages with some pictures and some info.
What languages do i need if any, and what programs do i use? i have used things like c++ and some java but i have no idea about web programing.

How do i make a website? all i want to do is have a site for our farm and we only need a few static pages with some pictures and some info.
What languages do i need if any, and what programs do i use? i have used things like c++ and some java but i have no idea about web programing.

don't use C++ it is for programing not websites. I have found that HTML and using CoffeeCup 2008 (A HTML eidtor ez to use) to do ez and fast basic websites.:)

For a simple website with pictures and simple designs, HTML is for you. I only know a little bit of HTML but even if you only know a little bit, you can still do plenty with HTML. If you want a bunch of animated stuff etc., then I have no idea what to use, but even I know to use HTML for very simple websites.

That and you would need a server Operating system wile Windows Server 2003 etc. You could even use Ubuntu although that could be complicated.

A better idea is to get your hosting from a "hosting company" and then you can log in to your client area and use their "Site builder". That way you don't need to install anything and that site builder is really easy to use.
you can get a years worth of hosting for as little as £4.99. You can always PM me if you need more help.

Keep advertising to the advertising places

that's probably the best thing to do, there are many of ways to go about making a page, and only one of them is sitting down with a reference book learning how to write HTML in notepad..

you are better off getting a tool like dream weaver where you can choose to drop in and out of the code, or WYSIWYG design.

http://www.tizag.com/htmlT/

pretty well round up tutorial, I think it covers the verry basics, after You finish reading You will be able to do the website thing.

For advanced features You can look for php tutorial on that page.
but not realy needed unless You wanna make it fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom