Trouble with newly built computer!HELP!

Sounds like a memory problem like others have mentioned...the guy above me posted the link to UBCD which has memtest86 on it, but if you just wanna run memtest here's the link for that http://www.memtest.org/

well.. what does the blue screen says?
and.. what kind of powersupply You have?

says juss about every error message that i could see on the list for error messages on the xp site... it gets the message..dumps the memory...
CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Try taking out one of the RAM sticks and boot up with that. If that doesn't work, then switch that RAM stick for the other one. If that doesn't work I would try to get 2 1Gb sticks. Sometimes there's problems with 2Gb's sticks since the standard is usually 1Gb sticks.

As for the BSOD, of course it dumps the memory etc., but what you want to look at is on the top of the screen that states the problem.

addres helps a LOT.

but since psu looks o.k. for me, I vote on ram too.
as the previous post.
check with one ram stick, borrow someones ramstick.

one of the 2 versions should work.

will seem a bit LOL, but usualy the most compactible rams are samsungs, kingmaxes, and other "cheap" memory. When possible I try to avoid these "high quality" memory brands as some boards don't realy like them.

Asus site does not have a memory compacibility chart, sadly..

I got it workin...took one stick of ram out....and got everything installed....put the second stick back in and tried isntalling a game and started gettin blue screen so I took that stick out again... going to switch the stick thats out with the one in there later to see if its a bad stick or something or if 4 gigs of ram is to much.

WHAT?!??!?
i have Corsair RAM, and its the best damn RAM i have ever used.

Well; you say that because it's what 5$ for 1GB of 800MHz ram?

Im also running Corsair on 3 different PC's. And I havent had any issues. And Corsair is a WELL known Reputable company.

Everything I've ever heard that they make fails at life. I tell people that have broken computers that won't even turn on and I tell the to replace all corsair in their computer and it always works.

Back
Top Bottom