IE8beta2 vs Opera 9.52 vs Safari 3.0.1 vs FF 3.0.1 vs Google Chrome

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
I tested these 5 browsers, all 'stacked' around my desktop.

I used http://webwait.com to time the tests. I made sure the cache and all that stuff was clear on each browser before the tests. Sure there are a lot of factors that effect internet page load times, but most placed the same on every test.

I didn't record the time, but below is pretty much what placed where:

5. Safari
4. Google Chrome
3. Opera
2. FF
1. IE8

Safari's interface is nice, but GREATLY lacks speed on EVERY PAGE; it was the worst performer.

Google Chrome is kind of nice, but as it is in beta form, it shouldn't be used by the every day browser; it was the next slowest on the list.

Opera, it has been a long time since I used it and this new version only showed me an interface lift. It placed next to Google Chrome in the speed test.

The over-popular FF3 placed second, it loaded most pages faster than the others (except IE8 of course).

The winner is IE8 Beta 2. It loaded all the pages faster than the rest. Now the only thing I dislike about IE8 is that it can take it's time when opening new tabs, anywhere from a second to more than 4 (if other programs are using the CPU), while in all the other browsers, it is instant no matter what is using the CPU.

Yeah, internet explorer is pretty laggy I guess you could say. I use Chrome as my secondary browser, I really like it, so fast and simple.

did you know firefox can be faster when you tweak it?

also did you know opera is one of the most useful internet programs out their/ such as dial a web feature and the auto reload feature

I use FF

I can care less about it's features, I mean, IE8 does everything I need it to be. And yes for FF I had it tweaked as much as possible. All I need is something to browse the internet as fast as possible, and IE8 does the job better than the rest.

I thought you said you had it at a fair test.

Anyway, it depends what pc your using, some react different to others.

Alot of people care btw, lets say your sick of refreshing the stats page,opera does it for you :0

I used chrome for a little bit but I still like Firefox. Chrome doesn't have enough yet to convince me to switch. It's basically just a different look.

From a developers point of few I cannot stand IE.

• Most of its javascript errors are completely obscure
  • Half the time it won't even throw an error
  • No JS debugging tools
  • It WILL cache AJAX and there is nothing you can do about it except use a POST command! How ludacris?

Worst browser ever in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom