New PC

Osak

Daemon Poster
Just ordered a new Mac pro with these spec's

Two 3.0GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
8Gigs 800MHz DDR2 RAM
Two 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s Harddrives
and one NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB

My question is, the RAM comes in a setup of 4x2gig sticks....would it be better to order just 2x4 gig sticks? Pics when it arrives!

i dont think a Mac is a PC. (those commercial where they are like "Hi, Im a Mac" "and I'm a PC")
i dont know anything about mac except that they dont have much games to play on....
other than that, if its a PC, then the 2X4GB ram is better because it lets the memory controller work easier.

i would suggest you shortening your sig to 5 lines, you will get a infraction if you dont.

Well a MAC is a PC (PC stands for Personal Computer) Ill shorten my sig! BUt yea so no one knows if there ram setup is going to cost me in performance? Ill basically be using it for Multimedia and web design (my major)

A good friend of mine told me. He's knows quite a bit about computers so I figured I wouldn't have to question his information. Besides, I don't really care for Macs so I just kind of laughed at the idea and didn't bother researching it.

A good friend of mine told me. He's knows quite a bit about computers so I figured I wouldn't have to question his information. Besides, I don't really care for Macs so I just kind of laughed at the idea and didn't bother researching it.

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about.

so opening a mac doesnt void a warranty, yet opening a pc like HP, and stuff actually does void the warranty?

Back
Top Bottom