Should I get this custom build?

It is a desent system but I have seen a computer that ran 3 core 2 Extremes and have about 5TBs of total hard drive space and ran 3 video cards but it only ran 10-30 minutes cuz the guy did not have the right cooling system for it and it fired on him i have 3 and thay run with 2 core 2 quads and 3 8800GTX and 8gbs of ram and it is all not in a case just mounted on my wall but i always have probems with my PSU shuting down on me so get a powerful PSU what PSU are you getting???:D

:D Crazy anime fan in the USA :D

It is a desent system but I have seen a computer that ran 3 core 2 Extremes and have about 5TBs of total hard drive space and ran 3 video cards but it only ran 10-30 minutes cuz the guy did not have the right cooling system for it and it fired on him i have 3 and thay run with 2 core 2 quads and 3 8800GTX and 8gbs of ram but i always have probems with my power supply so get a powerful PSU:D

Lol, good system it was but needed the cooling and power. I think I should get a 700 watt power supply. You think that should do it?
And 1-3 fans.

It is a desent system but I have seen a computer that ran 3 core 2 Extremes and have about 5TBs of total hard drive space and ran 3 video cards but it only ran 10-30 minutes cuz the guy did not have the right cooling system for it and it fired on him i have 3 and thay run with 2 core 2 quads and 3 8800GTX and 8gbs of ram and it is all not in a case just mounted on my wall but i always have probems with my PSU shuting down on me so get a powerful PSU what PSU are you getting???:D

have a 1100watt PSU 5-8 fans and 4 harddrives per computer
with all the hard drive space i have i always need more

Lol, good system it was but needed the cooling and power. I think I should get a 700 watt power supply. You think that should do it?
And 1-3 fans.

750+ cus ur video card is a power hog

Will you be overclocking? If you will be overclocking, will it be mild? You could save some money on a few components.

And scrap the 790i, you're paying way too much for a chipset made by Nvidia. Go with a P45 board, like the ASUS P5Q PRO. The SLi upgrade path isn't worth it since 4-way SLi scales like crap (often backwards).
RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 4gb PC-16000/2000
Scrap the DDR3, the Q9550 runs a 333MHz FSB (1333MHz quad pumped), that's DDR 667, the higher speeds of DDR3 won't be of any benefit to you because of the FSB bottleneck.

Also, no wireless mice :D

For the PSU, unless you're doing some serious overclocking, a decent 500W-600W unit with a 6 pin and an 8 pin PCI-E connector should be more than sufficient: This if you don't overclock. This if you do.

Will you be overclocking? If you will be overclocking, will it be mild? You could save some money on a few components.

And scrap the 790i, you're paying way too much for a chipset made by Nvidia. Go with a P45 board, like the ASUS P5Q PRO. The SLi upgrade path isn't worth it since 4-way SLi scales like crap (often backwards).

Scrap the DDR3, the Q9550 runs a 333MHz FSB (1333MHz quad pumped), that's DDR 667, the higher speeds of DDR3 won't be of any benefit to you because of the FSB bottleneck.

Also, no wireless mice :D

For the PSU, unless you're doing some serious overclocking, a decent 500W-600W unit with a 6 pin and an 8 pin PCI-E connector should be more than sufficient: This if you don't overclock. This if you do.

I want to get DDR3 so in the future I won't have to change my whole mobo and keep it longer. But I still don't understand why DDR3 isn't good with my processor.

Why no wireless mice? I'm using one right now, it gets annoying when you have to change the batteries but can't you get a rechargeable one? Because if I get one that plugs I'm worried that the cable will get annoying.

I want to get DDR3 so in the future I won't have to change my whole mobo and keep it longer. But I still don't understand why DDR3 isn't good with my processor.
LGA775 is a dead end. There will be no new CPUs released for it. Nehalem will be LGA1366 and LGA1136.

Back
Top Bottom