How to cut,copy & paste

Racboy

Baseband Member
Help!! I am new to Computing and what I am after doing is:- Put a piece of writing from one site to another site without having to rewrite it al, Its a pretty long peice. I know its called cut,copy & paste but dont have a clue really, I need to go on a basic computer course I suppose but i would like to do this tonight if at all possible, I realise I must sound like a dumbo but I am new to this really, have been going on the net for a while now on my daughters computer, but now I have my own laptop so trying to do a bit more than just surfing the net. So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. TA!!!!

Hold down your left mouse button and highlight the text to be copied

Right click on the text to be copied

select copy

go to the destination where you wish to paste and left click your cursor where you want the text

Right click and select paste

Many,many,Thanks!!! I had been trying to suss it out for nearly an hour before i asked on here, then did it in 10 secs. Things are so easy when you know how....Thank you again

You could also as a typing shortcut, highlight the text by holding control+shift and move the arrow keys to the amount of text you want to copy, then Hold Control+C to copy, then Control+V to paste.

Then again, that's if your mostly typing etc.

Just to keep your record clean, make sure you give credit to the author of the text.

o yes...this is very important, i know a lot of people who forget this little detail, and end up in big trouble, atleast some of my friends that attend school. not citing your sources, can have you expelled...kinda sucks!!

Good Advice Joga!!

Back
Top Bottom