is there a big difference...

pike8

In Runtime
hello,
this is my current configuration:
Athlon 3200+
2GB DDR400
GeForce 7600GT
would i notice a big difference if i switch my processor for Athlon X2 5000+ AM2 and 2GB DDRII instead this DDRI?

You would notice a difference. But Does your motherboard support the 5000+ and the DDR2? If not, you'll need a new mobo.

of course i would switch motherboard, since my current is sck. 939.
i just wanted to know if this change is worthy some 50-60 bucks, would i get any significant improvement in games performance.

well, it kind of depends on what you do, if all you do is like go online, listen to music, watch videos, go online, you know the basic things, then you wont notice much difference than a few seconds faster loading, and starting windows.

If its like video encoding, then yeah, you will notice a difference, it will do it a few minutes faster (experience between my computer and my brothers)

If its gaming, then you will notice a big difference, though, the graphics card might slow you down a little.

Since your board has DDR, you are going to need to buy a new motherboard to run DDRII, and i pretty sure you are going to if you are getting that processor. Unless you were one of those that got a mobo that supports DDR and AM2 socket (not sure if they ever made one)

EDIT - huh... you posted before me.

Assuming your AMD is single core then yes! I switched over from a P4 @ 2.8GHz with 512MB DDR400 RAM to what I have now. Major increase in performance.

Pike, what are you going to do with your SKT939 motherboard? If you're going to trash it, could you send it to me instead? I'll pay shipping.

Thank you all for your reply.
@JogaBonito1502: I intend to sell it, but even if i would send it to you, i live really far away, so i guess it would probably be cheaper for you to buy it in a store. :)

It's pretty outdated (to me atleast). I don't know if I could find it. Plus, I don't really want to spend much on a motherboard I won't really use. I just want it to test my dual-core that's laying around so I can sell it lol.

It's pretty outdated (to me atleast). I don't know if I could find it. Plus, I don't really want to spend much on a motherboard I won't really use. I just want it to test my dual-core that's laying around so I can sell it lol.

why not just take it to a local pc shop, ask if they could test it, if so how much, and if its too expensive, go to another pc shop.

Back
Top Bottom