Couple of Intel questions

on stock, my temps are bout 34c on idle/load, and about 41c when i play a game for about 20 minutes.
Its not the heat problem i am worried about, its more about the board bending a little when i installed the stock HSF.

your temps can't be 34c on idle/load

Idle yes, load no

You need to run stress test software to determine load temps, gaming may but probably won't stress the cpu 100%

Most pcbs have a flex factor of between 1 and 3mm, if your board has the correct number of risers properly positioned you'd be extremely unlucky to damage it.

oops, my bad.
not load, like normal web browsing and thats it.

34 seems OK for idle but with the vagueries of the 45nm sensors a stress temp is the only real way to gauge

Well, i am getting paranoid because of the push pins, i am not sure if i installed them correctly or not. so i am not comfortable with overclocking yet or ever using my computer often.
This video shows you exactly how to secure push pins. You will hear a distinct "click" when each pin is secure. Push down on opposite corners and not one at a time. When they are all secure, you should not be able to twist the cooler at all and it should sit level on the IHS.

yeah, i did that, i crossed puched them.
When i got one to click, i tried the opposite side, and it pretty much wont budge, so i kinda of have to force it in (not that much force).
Took me like 30 minutes to install it. after i got the opposite, i crossed pushed the others, and i kind of heard clicks, but they werent as loud as the first one.
But after i got all 4 in, i pushed on all 4 again to see if its fitted in correctly, after, i tried moving it a little to see if it moves, and it didnt, then i just pushed on the pins again for safety.
I am not sure if it worked or not.
I would get the S963 and the retention bracket, but it totals $43 with shipping. which kind of sucks, so i am trying to sell my vendetta 2 to get money, and so far it seems like nobody is interested.

I will run Prime95 when i get home for about an hour, and report back.

EDIT - Okay, i ran Prime95 for about an hour, and the hottest it got was 46c according to realtemps and everest.

whats TjMax of 100?
is that the *Distance to TjMax* thing on realtemp?
what do i do to figure it out?

EDIT - I think it was around the 60c

Back
Top Bottom