Couple of Intel questions

Your memory is running slightly faster than the FSB is all, nothing to worry about imo.

You could use 7.5 multi and 400MHz Bus speed to achieve a 1:1 DRAM:FSB ratio and a 3.0GHz cpu speed I guess.

Are you using the stock cooler?

yeah, i am using a stock cooler.
My Vendetta 2 HSF is too big for this Mid tower case, when i put it on, i cant close the side panel.

You should be OK to oc to 3.0GHz with the stock cooler, just keep an eye on your temps, what is the VID of your cpu? Most of the 45nm can do a reasonable oc on stock volts.

VID can be found with CoreTemp 0.99.3 or Real Temp 2.75 (or later)

nice, should be a good overclocking chip.

Try it at 1.175v - 1.2v for 3.0GHz with the multi and bus as above then, you can fine tune it later

I presume you've read this, yes? LINK

no, this was my first Intel chip, and since it was my first, i didnt know what to read or what to look for.
What is that page for?

this was the one i bought
http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLAVN
which it seems like it was the things, just different Spec name.
The page you showed me is the Spec SLAPC, and my Spec is SLAVN.

Your RAM isn't forced to run a 533, you can increase the speed by changing the ratio, but it just won't bring any kind noticable performance increases because the FSB will be a bottleneck.

i see.
Well, i am getting paranoid because of the push pins, i am not sure if i installed them correctly or not. so i am not comfortable with overclocking yet or ever using my computer often.
So it seems like newegg only has 2 retention brackets, and they are both made by Xigmatek. One is for the 3 heat pipes, and the other is for the 4 heat pipes.
So far, i have only found the Xigmatek S963 that will fit into my case, the larger version of this, and the Vendetta 2 is too big because of it being too big to close my case.
so i was wondering if theres another heatsink out there than can use the xigmatek retention brackets that is either smaller than the S963, or cheaper.
Thanks

What are your temps? (Real Temp 2.75 or later or Core Temp 0.99.3)

EDIT: No idea on the cooler btw, never had a xigmatek or vendetta

Back
Top Bottom