Who is Married??

I'm 21 and 3 months and never even had a girlfriend, although girls have come very close to me but I've pushed them away, subconsciously frightened of the commitment and what other people will think. I have a personality disorder which has a side effect of making and maintaining relationships extremely difficult, so it's not strictly speaking my fault and it's not as if I wanted to be like this.

Seeing all my friends crash in and out of relationships and bitching about it puts me off too, I just can't be bothered and I like keeping myself to myself. I don't really feel like having kids (looking after a dog is hard enough work and costs a lot of money) and getting married in the UK statistically leads to divorce within four years, often resulting in legal pissing matches and extremely ugly court battles. If you're going to sign a pre-nuptial agreement it basically screams that your marriage is doomed to fail so there's your safety net, leading me to ask what's the point in getting married in the first place if you're basically expecting it to fail?

What's the point?

I'm exactly the same. Friends are always in and out of relationships, and I do think, "Whats the point". There is no real point, if they are just going to fly and then crash as quickly as they do.
I question wheather I'd want one, as I haven't had a girlfriend either.
I just find the whole situation confusing really. I tend to avoid the situation if anything.
I just throw multiple barriers up, stopping a girl from getting close to me if I'm told for example a girl likes me from someone.

Hmmm, Not married, never really believed in marriage tbh, was in a relationship with her for nearly 5 years, but that ended, since then have been a few short term relationships, but now I am with someone whom I truly am starting to believe I am going to be with for the rest of my life.

Only problem is that she is canadian and her visa runs out in december, so I need to apply for mine and hopefully move over there once its all sorted, should be this time next year I will be making the big step.

parents garage......i think it counts

not married, only 19, but only had one GF about 2 years ago

Back
Top Bottom