Intreasting Microsoft !

sback

Baseband Member
I was surfing the net reading up on loads of interesting things and I came across an article that stated Microsoft are taking 20 % of your bandwidth and gave instructions on how to check and adjust. Interested on your thoughts should i not bother ?

Okay here's how to get it back:

Click Start then run then gpedit.msc

this opens a policy editor then

local computer policy > computer configuration > Administrative template > Network > Qos packet scheduler > limit reservable bandwidth

Double click on limit reservable bandwidth it will say it is not configured now check the explain tab

By default the packet scheduler is set at 20% you can change this the article recommends that you do not set it to 0 but to 1 or 2 % and that this has been tested only on XP pro and 2000.

I do know there are some real clever cookies out there in CF world and im interested in there views on this one. I have not done any personal testing on this yet but may give it a go.

sback.

1) I delete my cookies, temp, history, recent programs etc like 5 times a day.
2) Link to article.
3) I like ice cream.

i really haven't ever seen my internet at a slow pace, and never really could notice any decrease in bandwidth to the point i needed to change this. nice article, but i just don't see the point...?

Which is fair enough just lobbed it out there to see what people think

Which is fair enough just lobbed it out there to see what people think

definitely does bring up questions...
how much does microsoft know about our personal pc's. like it they can gain control of our bandwidth...i wonder whatelse they can get or control...

Back
Top Bottom