Parent help.

Well a little update,and they went through my collection (They dont trust me LOL),and after i have pretty much parent proofed my computer,they still had problems with my music,WTF is wrong with weird al?!?! Seriously?!?!?!?

And Muz,Well said,Well said.

ask them why they dont agree with your choice in music and explain to them that sureley they should respect your choice of music and support you in developing as a teenager otherwise you will just be what your parents want you to be which isnt always ideal
i mean what sorts of music do you listen to that they dont agree with anyway

Most likely rock...

I can't remember the guys name... we talked about him in english class... he was like the michael jorden of our time. He basically started the freedom movement for children(harsh way to put it) He is from the day when the teen was supposed to be quiet, no one is to know he exists around adults. He changed that.

Make a deal with your parents, they can go through your computer, as long as they promise to watch the movie, "Dead Poet's Society" the same day before they make any decisions. Trust me, it is well worth it, we watched that movie in Egnlish class, good meaningful movie.

As a parent I would say they are doing this because there is trust issues they have with you and that there has to be something you have done in the past for them to lose that trust. They of coarse are blaming the music for your rash behavior, and by the sounds of how you talk about them you are giving them about as much respect as they are giving you at the moment. Parent/child relationships work both ways, you can't get everything you want without giving back too. By the way I have 1 16 year old Daughter, a 14 year old daughter, a 14 year old son, and an 8 year old son, so I do have some experience in what I talk about. I too am like your parents, and did what I felt neccessary to get through to them. I'm not putting the blame on you, parents can be harsh, but I'd rather have a harsh parent that cared than one that let me roam free and get into trouble. Just my opinion.... try helping them out for a change, show them some respect and I'll bet your parents turn around pretty quick when they see your maturity coming around.

A.There too perdantic,and too over bearing

Thats how I feel like my parents are some times. For example if a teacher screws up on a grade and I don't fix it ten seconds later they flip out. and if an assignment is missing- for example if I wasn't in school that day and its already online- they flip out and will make me move my computer upstairs into our dining room for a few weeks.

I don't care about moving it- I just can't practice drums without having the entire song memorized, and guitar I have to lug around more. And I can't listen to music at night (Zune/Ipod is the only thing on the b-day list, so that should solve that problem for good)

I think its just a matter of preference of ways to learn. I'm partial to having life kick you in the ass- I know I need good grades. They seem to be of the baby you until you do it by yourself method.

The best thing to do is to roll with the punches. Can't listen to good music? Hang out with friends and listen to it, ect.

I've only read this last page, but I think Lowndsey's comment a couple posts above sums it up. Neodude, the best advice I could give you is to be honest with yourself. If you're 100% that what you're hiding from them is nothing to big to be concerned about (such as music) then go for it. Just don't do anything that in the long run could hurt you or them. They're only doing this because they care.

Well a little update,and they went through my collection (They dont trust me LOL),and after i have pretty much parent proofed my computer,they still had problems with my music,WTF is wrong with weird al?!?! Seriously?!?!?!?

And Muz,Well said,Well said.
They are out of line, Weird Al is my hero:cool:

Back
Top Bottom