For getting started...

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
Hiya im 15 and currently in education, i know a decent amount about computers and am constantly pushing myself to learn more. I know i'm capable of performing network set-ups and computer upgrades and i'm looking to earn a bit of money. I was thinking about the possibility of starting up a small business doing bits of site work for people. What kind of stuff do I need to get a hold of to start of do you think?

I live in Worthing West Sussex England, i'm 15 years old, fairly well educated in computers. I'm thinking I could run it from my garage and bike to clients, with my rucksack, any better ideas welcome.

Woah, you sound kinnda like me. It's un-natural! :D

My parents have friends that allways need Computer help. Thursday, I have somone coming round to MY house (score), so that I can try and fix his projector, and to update his website.

He thinks that paying me £8 an hour is too little - I feel guilty about it.

But yeah - Put an advert in a local shop with your mobile number on it, or somthing like that.

Woah, you sound kinnda like me. It's un-natural! :D

My parents have friends that allways need Computer help. Thursday, I have somone coming round to MY house (score), so that I can try and fix his projector, and to update his website.

He thinks that paying me £8 an hour is too little - I feel guilty about it.

But yeah - Put an advert in a local shop with your mobile number on it, or somthing like that.

thats awesome =o

Say i'm going on-site to peoples houses regularly is it worth me buying parts in advanced?

JO3, do you do a lot of work, and how much do you charge?

Say i'm going on-site to peoples houses regularly is it worth me buying parts in advanced?

JO3, do you do a lot of work, and how much do you charge?

I'd say it would depend on how regular regular is! I would stock parts unless I had at least one "repair call" a week.

I dont have any fee's - I normaly leave it up to the "customer". They usually give me between 5-10 an hour.

Hiya im 15 and currently in education, i know a decent amount about computers and am constantly pushing myself to learn more. I know i'm capable of performing network set-ups and computer upgrades and i'm looking to earn a bit of money. I was thinking about the possibility of starting up a small business doing bits of site work for people. What kind of stuff do I need to get a hold of to start of do you think?

I live in Worthing West Sussex England, i'm 15 years old, fairly well educated in computers. I'm thinking I could run it from my garage and bike to clients, with my rucksack, any better ideas welcome.

Put an ad in your local shop or you could get some flyers done

So what kind of work have you done for people then JO3.

Does anyone else have any mroe advice?

talk to friends/family/small local businesses. should be able to find some customers/build up some reputation.
just dont start to big, as that will = fail.

I've built home servers, set up home networks, re-installed windows, tought people how to do things etc.

That's cool.

My mum has rejected my first proposal of this just as a basic idea, How do you think i could convince her? What good arguments can i make in favour of it.

Back
Top Bottom