Question with "Blocked" Sites...

religion2386

In Runtime
Im at work right now and there is a internet filter on and they have blocked sites etc...like no YOUTUBE or FACEBOOK etc. Why is it that if I go to google type in "facebook blog" click on the link it somehow bypasses the block and lets me on facebook?

I just wanted to know how/why that worked?
What is going on?

The chances are the URL for Facebook (www.facebook.com) is blocked, so you cant visit www.facebook.com or any page in that directory i.e. www.facebook.com/pages/profile. But in the case of Facebook Blog, the URL isn't www.facebook.com it's actually blog.facebook.com, it's what's called a subdomain when they put a word in front of the root domain and it becomes a new domain. blog.facebook.com isn't blocked on your systems yet and so you can still access it, you might also be able to access other subdomains of facebook.com such as apps.facebook.com as well.

Hope this helps.

Tried proxys and the sites from google are blocked
...anything with "streaming media, messenger service, myspace, facebook just the obvious things

I havent tried the flash drive yet, but cecid is blocked "Proxy Avoidance" haha...I guess Ill just stick you yahoo and weather.com lol

Back
Top Bottom