Domain Config/ Win Server 2003 premium

Fabric1601

In Runtime
Hi there,
I have a problem - its my 1st installation of Win Serv 2003 prem, and after installing it, i need to configure it obviously, but when i start with the configuration at some point this screen comes up:
untitled-2.jpg

It is saying: You must configure at least one network adapter before the computer can be promoted :confused:
Now how can i configure this Domain???

Help please :( :confused:

you'll may need to have a network adapter installed and set the IP address manually, not via DHCP.

I think we might need a few more details to be able to say what's wrong for sure though.

Is this machine currently standing alone or have you connected it to an existing forest?

I'd go with what root said and try giving it an IP manually rather than DHCP, but not having an IP shouldn't prevent you from promoting it (I don't think, it's been a while since I've done anything like this).

If you're trying to promote it to a Domain Controller, then I think that's physically impossible without a NIC installed and configured; Windows just won't let you. I remember Windows 2000 Server wouldn't even install without a NIC but I don't know if that ever changed.

Ok here's the thingy,
I've tried to configure the IP manually and I've also tried with the automatic obtain, but in vain! I've tried to configure the DNS server manually and automatically ( i have static IP ). I have two network cards (built-in , and D-link one) they have their latest drivers installed. I've double checked the Device Manager, and all the drivers are installed...

If you need other details let me know, i'll post everything as long as i manage to do it :(

Hi there,
I have a problem - its my 1st installation of Win Serv 2003 prem, and after installing it, i need to configure it obviously, but when i start with the configuration at some point this screen comes up:
untitled-2.jpg

It is saying: You must configure at least one network adapter before the computer can be promoted :confused:
Now how can i configure this Domain???

Help please :( :confused:

if you click on the thing below the node you've already selected is the message anymore helpful?

this is the message:

You must configure at least one network adapter before the computer can be promoted

if you go to the command prompt and type

ipconfig /all

what is displayed?

Back
Top Bottom