religion

When you ask somebody who is religious 'Why won't god heal amputees" they give you some response like "that's too big of a prayer" or something like that. Gee, since when was god so weak that he was un-able to make a limb grow.

So if he can't even do that, then it explains why he lets tens of thousands of people die of starvation and let's all these crack-pot extremists in the middle east kill in his name.

So if god exists, I believe there are two possibilities:
1. He is too weak to do anything about all the terrible things happening. Or
2: He is so cruel and sadistic that he does not care.

If either are true, then I would choose not to worship, as he does not fit the bill for whom I would think of as an all loving creator.

Don't feed me that 'god works in mysterious ways' bullshit. That's just an excuse for him. He's god, he doesn't need an excuse. He needs to get his act together, otherwise.. people might... start.. doubting his existence.

Tell me honestly, those of you who choose to follow a religion, you say that everyday of your lives, god is there, he helps you, he answers your prayer.. etc etc.. if that's the case, why is it that he has no problem helping middle aged people living in developed countries with their problems, yet couldn't care less about all the people dying of starvation and AIDS? I don't want to hear an answer at all if it's just more mind-numblingly stupid quotes from the bible and more 'god works in mysterious ways' bullshit.

A guy I knew, used to be my neighbor, was once in a car accident. He was in the back driver side of the car the entire time. He never moved to another seat, he never did anything weird, he just sat there in that seat. An accident occurs, with another car hitting the back passenger side of the car, crushing the area where somebody would normally be sitting. Remember, nobody sat there, at all, the entire time, this was confirmed by other passengers and the witness of when they got in the car.

After he gets out of the hospital, he claims that god told him to move out of the passenger side seat of the car. wait, what? He was never in the seat. He had always claimed and stood by it, that he had gotten in on the passenger side, and that god told him to move roughly a minute before the accident. 3 other people (The driver, the passenger, and somebody who saw them get in the car) justify that he did NOT sit in the passenger side seat, yet he insists that god just saved his life. He refuses to believe that maybe the anesthetics he was given when having stitched put in may have something to do with him thinking that.

As you can see, his belief in god took priority over any form of logic. He would rather sound like a complete dumbass than face the possibility that it wasn't god.
Well, maybe it was God that told him to sit on the driver side in the first place... he is too stupid too say that, but that's a possibility. God worked "magic" only once. He sent his son to us. The one person that a father loves more then anything, came down to save us because we are freakin idiots. We had our chance, but the humanity side of desire took over, and we got kicked out. God sent us away, each person now has a chance to prove himself thanks to Jesus, and has a chance to go back to God if they want to, or if they don't, well, they can follow Lucifer.
God cannot baby us, he is us, God is in every living being. Your parents dont baby you, why should God? We are humans, and we would only take advantage. I have diabetes, I dont pray for God to heal me, I ask for help to manage it myself though. I can do my own work.
God does work in mysterious ways, we are humans, we cannot comprehend him. We are made in his image. Jesus himself was human, and according to the trinity Jesus is God. An example of his work, when we were on mission trip, God worked through us to help others. God does not work on his own, only through other human beings, and to the limit of the human brain and the physics of humans.

We don't know that much past the planets in our solar system, what started everything could be completely different than the big bang or anything in any religious book.
Thats besides the point. Something had to start it. Something, sometime had to start it. If it just happened, something had to make it happen.

That makes sense, but that doesn't necessarily prove that everything was created by a supernatural being.

Generating income? No, I dont see that... Generating income for those that have no income...
I don't believe religion is BS either, correct me if I'm wrong if there is no afterlife though... Something or someone or superior being had to start everything... Make the spark that lit the big bang, or ripped ass and made the planets, who knows, however you want to look at it, but someone had to start it...

Catholic church has more income than Microsoft, and far far far more assets.

http://www.zenit.org/article-1900?l=english

Generating income? No, I dont see that... Generating income for those that have no income...
I don't believe religion is BS either, correct me if I'm wrong if there is no afterlife though... Something or someone or superior being had to start everything... Make the spark that lit the big bang, or ripped ass and made the planets, who knows, however you want to look at it, but someone had to start it...

Have you seen where the freaking Pope lives??? He shits on gold toilets while there are millions of people starving. Not naggin on Catholics but there is this sort of degree in every religion. There is a superior being, I dont belive in the creationism. I believe in the "Big Bang" how come in an explosion could there be order and the universe was formed. This order scientists belive was created by an intelligent being and that is God or w/e you want to call it. Creationism is a bunch of mythological BS.

Catholics go against my beliefs and the bible in so many ways that its not even funny. they worship mary when it says to worship no one but God himself, not the pope as they do, or mary. they make you say like hail mary's or something like that just so you can be forgiven for your mistakes when it states in the bible that you yourself can ask for forgiveness for your sins and don't have to have a priest or pope or something do it for you... i simply believe from what i read in the bible

Have you seen where the freaking Pope lives??? He shits on gold toilets while there are millions of people starving. Not naggin on Catholics but there is this sort of degree in every religion. There is a superior being, I dont belive in the creationism. I believe in the "Big Bang" how come in an explosion could there be order and the universe was formed. This order scientists belive was created by an intelligent being and that is God or w/e you want to call it. Creationism is a bunch of mythological BS.
That is a very good point... I can see the pope as a good symbol I guess, but he doesnt need all that kingly stuff. Jesus didnt have it, he lived in a carpentors shop.
Catholic church has more income than Microsoft, and far far far more assets.
Yeah, I always walk into the fancy cathedrals in like Chicago and it looks beautiful, but why? What's the point, we can worship in a 15ft tall sqaure room just as well.
http://www.zenit.org/article-1900?l=english

Catholics go against my beliefs and the bible in so many ways that its not even funny. they worship mary when it says to worship no one but God himself, not the pope as they do, or mary. they make you say like hail mary's or something like that just so you can be forgiven for your mistakes when it states in the bible that you yourself can ask for forgiveness for your sins and don't have to have a priest or pope or something do it for you... i simply believe from what i read in the bible
That's true... we dont worship Mary though, she is an intercessor basically.

Its a relationship with Christ, not a reiligion at least most good Christians pastors will tell you that..

Infact, most churches (Christian, not catholoic) are always in the red, in debt because the spend more, with the numerous staff, pastors, and their outreach programs.

I'm a volunteer at my church, simply because they don't have the money to pay me right now. My church is about 1000 people +...so don't feed this line that religion is out to make money..

90% of all Pastors are LUCKY to get 40+K. LUCKY!

Even at some MEGA CHURCHES (which some Christians say even then thats not a true relationship with Christ) For example: Joel Olsten, most Christians will say that he isn't doing a goodjob representing Christ, but rather out to make the money, he mostly talks about how to better your life, rather than Christ.

Same with Rick Warren.

Catholics are out to get your money. That I agree with.

Its a relationship with Christ, not a reiligion at least most good Christians pastors will tell you that..

Infact, most churches (Christian, not catholoic) are always in the red, in debt because the spend more, with the numerous staff, pastors, and their outreach programs.
catholosism is a branch of christianity your fundamental beliefs should all be the same
i think you mean protestant

90% of all Pastors are LUCKY to get 40+K. LUCKY!

Even at some MEGA CHURCHES (which some Christians say even then thats not a true relationship with Christ) For example: Joel Olsten, most Christians will say that he isn't doing a goodjob representing Christ, but rather out to make the money, he mostly talks about how to better your life, rather than Christ.

Same with Rick Warren.

Catholics are out to get your money. That I agree with.

alot of pastors make more than 40k a year..... i know of atleast 5 local ones that make around 70k a year... and the pastor at my church was offered 80k a year to preach at church in another state... there is quite a bit of pastors that are there for the money.

Well I hope you know they do a lot more then just say mass 3-4 times on every weekend... They are EXTREMELY busy, I happen to be good friends with our priest, and he is quite busy...

About the Catholic church owning more assets then Microsoft.... No Shit... They have been around for thousands of years, of course they have more assets and money... Catholic churches are not out to get your money... That is the most ignorent and stupid comment I have read in this thread... My church has been around for over 100 years, and is $800,000 in dept. So, they need money yes, but they still manage to give money to different charitys every week.

Back
Top Bottom