Random Chit Chat #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I'm really in need of your thoughts and prayers tonight...

Earlier this evening me, my little brother and two of my friends were at my house playing a board game watching the new season of the simpsons when I heard our county's 911 office page out the rescue squad, i didn't pay much attention because our fire department doesn't run medical calls but a minute or so later my uncle called asking if I heard the page and where exactly was the address because it was really close by, so we got to thumbing through the phone book and found about where it was. My uncle said that in the page it was a "50 year old male, not responsive", from where the hospital is to where we live is probably 16-18 miles away and the ambulance would be a good 15-20 minutes out. So he said he would go 10-84 (Enroute to the scene) to check if the man was breathing on his own or if he had any vitals, when he got there a sheriff's deputy who lives down the road was already there with his wife (who is a ER trauma nurse) and she was doing CPR on him, my uncle spelled her and as me and my two friends (who are also firemen) got closer to the scene he was almost yelling into his radio to "go to the fire department and get the defibrillator fast, he ain't a breathing" so we rolled toward the station when we met the ambulance, we then turned around and followed it back to the house. When we got parked the EMTs were already working on him...just to see the color of his skin, or the glossy look on his eyes, for him not to blink or when the EMTs tried to breathe for him, to see the blood back fill into the bag, I knew he was dead....I'm really struggling with it, this is the first time I've "seen" death up close, I've been on wrecks where folks were on the literal brink of death but to be so close to a body...just seeing the guys face...and having to roll him onto the stretcher and put him into that ambulance...but what bugs me the most was hearing his parent's, to here his elderly mother & father cry and hug each other when the loaded him onto that stretcher, I think they knew he was dead before any of us got there. But by god don't think I can ever forget that, no matter how hard I try.

After we got him loaded up I went home and told my folks what had happened, it's especially hard when you live in such a small community because you know everyone, and we knew this guy...he had been at church with my folks not 30 minutes before, we went to the hospital to visit with his parents and others there and my heart about broke to see them again but they are holding up fairly well I would say, I know the next few weeks and months are gonna be hard for them, this was their only son, but I think the worst part is going to be calling his sister and two sons.

So please, if you can remember this family in your thoughts and prayers I know they would sure appreciate it, and if you could squeeze in an extra prayer for me I would be mighty grateful as well.

wow...sounds familar

i was at best buy one day, helpin a friend look at computers

all of a sudden, i hear a bunch of screaming, so we go check it out
i turn the corner to the mouse and keyboard isle, and thers a buch of people standing over from what i saw at the time, a pair of shoes.

so, biens a 3 year lifeguard, i push my way to the middle, and there lies a, he had to be like 70 year old man just lying there, motionless.

yell at some woman to go call 911, check his vitals, hes got nothing.

so...i begin CPR, and ofcouse, the one day i forgot my keyring pocket mask :(
after 5 min, EMT gets there, they work at it ( im dead tired after 10 straight min. of CPR) and after there done, they pronounce him dead.

got a $50 gift card, but it wos'nt worth his life

so i hear ya on this, and ill remember him :(

It can be shocking at times to see how are lives could end at any time. My condolences to both families, losing a loved one is never easy.

had to but the LOL machine down today

of the 4 mother boards i had, all where shot, but i did manage to secure, not only the original P4 1.5ghz that was in it, but also a celoron and a 3ghz P4

now i just need a mobo, a workin one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom