Best Gaming Computer for 1000

Hmm I just want a beast computer solely for gaming. Since, i have a computer for work and all that. My only dilemma is finding the best possible deal for 1000, because I dont know that many brands or that much about computers for a matter of a fact.

You won't get anything too good for gaming buying from brand-name. You could get a much better deal by building your own. However, there are disadvantages and advantages when building your own. The disadvantage is of course, no customer service, and the other is that you don't get an OS. While the hardware you get from buying brand-name may not be worth the price as the hardware you get building it yourself, brand-name computers come with the OS.

How about the websites who make custom computers specifically for gaming computers? I really really dont want to build one lol.

Is there a reason you don't want to build your own? The process isn't at all difficult to do so and you'll most likely get most out of your money by building your own.

I've got to admit that I am a relative newbie but I would definitely say the IBuyPower is the better deal. For the same price ($9 difference) you get an E8400 3.0GHz versus an E8200 2.66 GHz and you get 2GB DDR2 800MHz versus 2 GB DDR2 667 MHZ. There doesn't seem to be much comparison but I may very well be missing something.

the motherboard from digitalstorm has the 650i chipset and I wouldnt recommend that as some of my friends have had problems. Its better to go with an intel chipset.

Back
Top Bottom