Internet Program

ict tech

Solid State Member
Is it possible to install a program in a domain?
I.e. If I install a program on www.domain.com, everytime I go to www.domain.com the program automatically launches?

OR

Can you use a virtual desktop so everytime you go to www.domain.com then a virtual desktop launches which you can run programs inside?

Is any of this possible?

yes, you can use VB script to launch a program.

yes, you can use a website to get to a desktop. there is remote desktop web connection available on windows server 2003, or you can use a product like citrix to run remote desktop sessions over the internet or use this to run programs, (practically any program) remotly with a web client.

if you can't install locally then citrix also ships with a java client that means there is nothing installed on the local machine that's running a remote desktop session.

I thought that, I have used Citrix before, but can you install the desktop on www.domain.com and then navigate to www.domain.com to run the desktop, in other words citrix isn't connecting to an actual dekstop on a machine?

Thanks

No, you run citrix, on a citrix server, and you host the access gateway on the address www.domain.com users then can come there and log in and choose what to do from there, they'll have a list of aplications available that they can use, (you could make one of these remote desktop) or you could have remote desktop automatically launched when they create their session.

I haven't actually used the java client, (I just know it's available), but I imagine it's the same you can have the java client running pretty much anything thta you could actually be running on the server.

citrix does (or at least can) connect to the desktop of the server running citrix, presumably using something like remote desktop you could actually hop onto anything else you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom