Parent help.

No it doesn't. He lives in their house, using their utilities, eating their food, using their internet connection, expecting them to provide for him. In return for all these freebies they want to have it their way. Respect is not given to those who do not deserve it. If you don't respect your parents then don't expect them to respect you. It's a two way street. If you're going to act like a 2 year old, expect to get treated like one.
Now are T-man and I the only ones that think something is missing out of this story? I'm willing to bet that you were playing some rather annoying music rather loud and they told you more than once to turn it down or off. I think you defied them and they tossed out your cd's to prove a point.
You're 15. Until you turn 18 you're stuck with them and they're stuck with you. It would behoove you to try and reach a compromise. Be sane and diplomatic about it. You know, catch more flys with honey blah, blah, blah.

Respect is a two way street as you said and parents also have to give their children respect in order to get it bak as well thats one think that annoys me about some parents sometimes they imediatley expect respect and just as they expect their childs respect the chilkd should get their respect ,
i think throwing a childs property away is not the best way to prove a point to your child , i think if he had been doing something wrong which is not my place to comment on , his parents would haave been justified in maybe confiscating his CD's but i honestly think that throwing your childs property out is not a nice thing to do and in fact in some juristictions such as in the UK this could be punishable under law

Parent and child disputes are a tricky situation as you can argue that the child lives under their parents roof etc etc however how ffar are parents allowed to go before people will aknowledge the parent is in the wrong , i mean does that make it ok for a parent to systamatically abuse a child which i think we will all agree is wrong , i think there needs to be a limit parents can go to before in fact they are wrong and viewed as such by the law
Now are T-man and I the only ones that think something is missing out of this story? I'm willing to bet that you were playing some rather annoying music rather loud and they told you more than once to turn it down or off. I think you defied them and they tossed out your cd's to prove a point.
Also i dont think its anyones place here to comment on wethere neodude is or is not telling the truth as we where not there and so we cannot say what did and didnt happen

and it doesnt have to be neo's fault. some parents are power hungry and think they can just boss their children about any way they want. on the other hand some parents dont care and their children grow up to losers.
at the end of the day it just depends on what type of parents they are. there are extremes, and then theres a nice middle. parents who keep the balance of disipline and freedom have mastered the art of parenting.

i dont think there is any such thing as a perfect parent , i mean people do make mistakes sometimes , but there certanly are good parents and bad parents

indeed, but if they can get the right balance then that makes them a good parent. i mean children need freedom and privacy, but at the same time they need disipline and support. giving them just one wont do

I am 15 years old, i paid for my computer it cost me $400. Even though i COMPLETLY payed for it my dad still has the right to take it off me, is this fair?

you're 15, you can't really have a job... how exactly did you pay for that computer? saved your money that your parents gave you?

how do you power that computer? how do you eat etc?... your parents are paying for your life at the moment, it's not a great deal to ask that you just do as they say.

He can move out with me lol , my parents just took away my computer and now im back on my old peice of crap laptop, god my parents are annoying

forced to use a laptop... my heart bleeds for you, really it does.

thats one think that annoys me about some parents sometimes they imediatley expect respect

And why not? it's not until you have kids of your own you understand how much they sacrifice for you. By the time a kid can wipe his own arse their parents have sacrificed more and done more for their kids than most kids will ever do for their parents in their whole life. I think that in itself demands a bit of respect right there. And all a lot of the youngsters these days can do is whine that they have to take the garbage out and do the washing up, or mow the lawn once in a while...Whoopee freakin doo.

Thanks for the ideas root but im just gonna use Acronis true image,im going to make a hardrive image,and then parent proofing my computer LOL.

After they have inspected it,format my hardrive,and put the image back on my hardrive :D.
Personally I think if you need to do that to your computer before they see it then maybe have have due course to be concerned.

The only reason im doing that is because they go spastic over ANYTHING,Example,Im 15 YET i was only allowed to play Age of empire,6 months ago.

yet they are being completely ignorant about it (Me confonting them about them not trusting me) and they said that they will take me computer away and sell it if i wont let them go through my pc,yet i dont care if they do or dont,it's just the fact that:

A.There too perdantic,and too over bearing
B.They mustnt trust me if they dont want to take my word for it.

Even though i paid for my PC (Doing jobs for people,selling stuff on ebay,etc,etc).

And why not? it's not until you have kids of your own you understand how much they sacrifice for you. By the time a kid can wipe his own arse their parents have sacrificed more and done more for their kids than most kids will ever do for their parents in their whole life. I think that in itself demands a bit of respect right there. And all a lot of the youngsters these days can do is whine that they have to take the garbage out and do the washing up, or mow the lawn once in a while...Whoopee freakin doo.
So the kid didn't ask to be brought into this world ,and the kid didnt ask for the parents to make all of those sacrifices , the parents could have made the choice not to have kids then they wont have had to scarifice everything I think if you bring up your kids being bitter about the fact that you have sacrificed so much for them you will make a crap parent cos you will always resent the child for that little bit of your life that you have lost . i think if you wanna have kids you got to be willing to respect them and their decisions when they get old enough to make them , and i think in this case by the age of 15 a kid should be old enough to make their own choices about most things like what music they listen to and who their friends are ,I agree with you kids shouldnt be whining about having to do a few chores every now again but i think in neodudes case he has a right to be annoyed with his parents

Well a little update,and they went through my collection (They dont trust me LOL),and after i have pretty much parent proofed my computer,they still had problems with my music,WTF is wrong with weird al?!?! Seriously?!?!?!?

And Muz,Well said,Well said.

Back
Top Bottom