MKV formats to ??

calvinw

Baseband Member
I have tried many different programs but none seems to work/achieve what im seeking for. The reason for this is to allow me to put some video files onto my playstation 3 :p

Anyone know of any sofware that allows to you to convert a mkv file to mp4,avi or mpeg without loosing its quality?

thanks

I have done this before but like a year ago... I'll try to find out what I did but you can private message, AIM whatever to get me to hold of me faster.

You won't convert to mp4 or avi without losing some quality, in the future if you want to watch them on your ps3, don't download mkv files. You can stream them to a ps3 through a media server using tversity and metroska splitter. That is, if you have a server set up to do that. Otherwise, the ps3 doesn't support mkv.

You won't convert to mp4 or avi without losing some quality

That's true. The first time I downloaded a huge mkv. file, I had to suffer endless amounts of programs to change it (that time mkv. was new). Everybody seemed to recommend ConvertXtoDVD. It did the job but my 11 GB download ended up as 3.5 GB! I could have easily downloaded a DVD5 at 4.5 or so from somewhere.

One thing I have observed though, is that even a 'shrunk' HD print is sharper than a normal DVD. This has been true, at least, in my case.

Back
Top Bottom