Keep XP pro or move to vista ultimate?

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
Been a while since i posted on these forums but i have a question. Do i keep XP Pro. which I have right now or do I upgrade to Vista ultimate for $24.95? I mainly surf the web and play counter-strike I have 2 Gigs of RAM amd X2 5500+BE processor and a 8500gt graphics card. Also are any good programs plagued by compatibility problems with Vista?

for $25 I'd do it. I actually enjoy using Vista, and you won't have a problem running it with your rig either.

To Comp Pro I've had the 8500gt for almost a year now with no problems at all and low GPU temps...and I get it cheap cuz a family member works at a university so he gets big discounts such as the Windows XP i have for $15. I was just afraid to switch to Vista because of compat. problems I'd previously heard about.

Having been service packed, and since programmers have had a year and a half to figure out driver writing for it there shouldn't be any compatibility issues really. For $25 I'd upgrade to Vista, but mainly for the price, it's not really better than XP, which I love despite the nasty Luna theme so many people have stuck with.

I think it's worth a shot. Vista is cool to use. But I don't like their knew layout of everything, including the control panel sucks. But other then that "its ok" so go for it.

no no no...don't do it...stay with your xp!! vista is such a massive memory HOG!
i would keep xp pro and wait until windows 7 comes out :D

Back
Top Bottom