motherboard check

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i know i have been posting a lot of thread lately, and i'm sorry.

so i decided to forget SLI, since whenever i get enough money for a new card, theres always an improved one out.

i need some help on what to look for in a motherboard.
I am looking at Intel motherboards, and i noticed Intel can Overclock easily, but for a board that can be overclocked easily and successfully, it must have a good chipset and a good heatsink on the chipset right?
what about a good chipset with a ordinary heatsink?

You shouldn't worry about posting too much. I always head to your threads first because they're not spam. You're trying to learn, so no one should blame you for it. Obviously, over-clocking has a lot to do with temperatures. You want a cool chipset, but you also want your processor to run cool. So, I think, for a good OC you must have both the good chipset and a good heatsink. In a motherboard, I also find it very crucial to be future-proof. I have many times wished that my board could support later technologies. Although far-fetched, you could start looking at boards with support for more than 4GBs (most of the later boards already have this). If you're going Dual, you might also want to consider Quad, and if you have the money (and if there are such things) a motherboard with support for nehalems. However my impression is that the Nehalem sockets will be completely different. Some of the good boards out there are there P35 ones. They're relatively cheap.

im looking at some P45 boards, and some has 2 PCI-E slots, but can they run SLI/CF, or are they just to add 2 graphics card to have even more monitors?

oh yeah, kind of forgot about that.
but isnt CF also limited to only the X38/X48 chipsets?

So, i am thinking of giving Gigabyte another chance with their "Dual Bios". Last time, the "Spare" bios failed to boot up after the "Primary" bios wouldnt work, and i know i used the right bios and everything.
But does anyone have an Gigabyte board where their Dual Bios actually worked? and if not, then how did you restore it?
Some people just said to RMA it, which i think can be an headache...

Back
Top Bottom