Parent help.

my parents cant take my PC away, because i paid for it myself.

perhaps you should say your parents do that.

i have to say that my parents never did that.

With regards privacy and money etc, I really think that you should count ourselves lucky.

I always thought that my parents weren't that strict.

There were no locks on any doors, (except the front door and back door to the house).
I wasn't allowed out after dark when I was younger, and always had to be home by nine, I even had to be home by nine when I was 15, when I turned 16 I think that the time was between nine and ten, the only exception to this was Monday night and Friday night when I'd go to band, and that finished at 9:30, so I'd then walk home and be home for around 10.

Thats pretty much what its like for me ive got to be in by about 10 if im going out anywhere , i dont mind i know my parents are only looking out for me in that sense i mean sure i would love to go out clubbing sometimes but thats my parents rule and i live under their roof for free get all my meals provided my cloths cleaned etc so i cant really complain although i cant wait till i go to uni next year then i can pretty much make all my choices for me
Anyway to neodude , i know it sucks i think the best think you can do is just sit down and talk to your parents and tell them how you feel ask them why they got rid of your cd's etc and if they say they dont want you listening to that sort of music for whatever reason you either have 2 choices , listen to that sort of music anyway and defy them and get into an even worse situation with them , or just accept that you cant listen to that music whilst you live with them and wait till you have moved out and got your own place then you can listen to that music as much as you want i know it isn't fair but unfortunately life isn't fair .
Or are there any close relatives that live nearby such as grandparents or aunts and uncles you could go stay with for a few weeks just to give yourself some time to think
also let them look through your computer and see what they have to say about it assuming you dont have anything like pron on there let them see it all and see what they have to say. this is going to be one of them situations where you have to give a little yourself as well even if you havent done anything wrong

Well, I found out the curfew is not for people over 17 or something, so I am allowed to stay out now I guess. Just have to say where I am going. Tonight I was allowed to stay out as long as I wanted pretty much, but I had to drop off one person at 12 so I just went home after that. I was surprised they let me though, cause it was a girls house, and my parents dont know the girl at all, never seen her, lol.

I'm 48 and I can't stand Megadeath, Mettalica is just OK.
But if I had to hear it blasting through the house I would frown down on it.
But I would never throw away music. That's stupid, wasted money. I listened to music my folks did not like.

As far as the computer thing they must have freaked about your low Sociology grade and decided to have an intervention to make you see things their way.
Sociology is a BS class anyway, it will never get you a job.

So, in conclusion your parents are off the deep end, if you are normally a good kid with good friends and typically get good grades.

I am 15 years old, i paid for my computer it cost me $400. Even though i COMPLETLY payed for it my dad still has the right to take it off me, is this fair?

Just tell them straight up you don't like the way they are treating you and that you deserve privacy. If they don't like it, well then that proves their ignorance.

No it doesn't. He lives in their house, using their utilities, eating their food, using their internet connection, expecting them to provide for him. In return for all these freebies they want to have it their way. Respect is not given to those who do not deserve it. If you don't respect your parents then don't expect them to respect you. It's a two way street. If you're going to act like a 2 year old, expect to get treated like one.

Now are T-man and I the only ones that think something is missing out of this story? I'm willing to bet that you were playing some rather annoying music rather loud and they told you more than once to turn it down or off. I think you defied them and they tossed out your cd's to prove a point.
You're 15. Until you turn 18 you're stuck with them and they're stuck with you. It would behoove you to try and reach a compromise. Be sane and diplomatic about it. You know, catch more flys with honey blah, blah, blah.

Back
Top Bottom