Erasing Free Space?

Yeah - From what I know, When you delete a file, it just removes it from the filesystem's list - And it doesnt actually remove the bytes from the hard drive.

I guess you it wouldnt really affect the hard drive.. What program would you use?

After looking through their support forum, it seems that fi properly used, the "Shred Free Space" feature of that program will do just that. It will clean your drive of the selected files and leave your current files in tact.

NOOOO!

Erasing your free space is where it literally ERASES your free space on your hard drive to make all of your previously deleted files permenantly unrecoverable.

Oh Sorry, I thought that's what it was because on Tracks Eraser Pro it has something related to that.

Delete your previously delete files so it is unrecoverable...just shred is using Tracks Eraser Pro or Shift+Delete. Isn't is deleted? Or do you mean all the tracks in the registry and system restore points etc etc?

lol, nevermind all of this. I went ahead and shredded everything with nCleaner and all is good.

lol, nevermind all of this. I went ahead and shredded everything with nCleaner and all is good.

I went thru all the options on that too. Seems to work pretty good. it gave me about 3 gb's back.
I didnt use the Find Junk feature. Did you? It looked like it found a bunch of files I need.

Back
Top Bottom