could it be the fan

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ive been having NUMEROUS problems with my laptop lately, as some already know... ive been overheating, or so i believe... instead of cutting off completely (like most overheats would) the laptop will shut down the screen and will not come back on without rebooting it... i though it might be the heat due to the dried up thermal compound, but i put fresh compound on it and its still happening... the fan itself will not cut on right at first so im thinking it might be that... should i invest in buying a new fan since i dont have the money for a new computer at this time... BTW the reason i believe its over heating is because the heatsink on the fan will get so hot that it burns to touch it...PLEASE ANY INFO

Try getting a new fan, yeah. Worth a shot.

Also, make sure while using it, its well ventilated, and in a cool room if you can.

Are you using your lappy on your lap or arm of a chair or couch or even on top of the bed covers? If you say yes to any of these you can be blocking the air intake vents on the bottom of the laptop. If it can't suck in any air from the vent then it will get real hot, real quick.

Look for a laptop cooling station. Keep the laptop on there, only! Don't put it on fabrics or carpet. Like setishock said, your vents are being blocked. I would recommend the cooling station, though. They only come for 20 dollars, or so and is an excellent way to cool your laptop efficiently.

Back
Top Bottom