Computer Crashing

hockeyplaya20

Solid State Member
I've had my Acer ase380 for a little over a year now and up until last week everything has been almost perfect. Now, for some reason, my computer randomly freezes to the point I need to just reboot it since it pretty much dies. I can't really think of any reason it would happen since before I renewed my Bitdefender license everything was fine. After I renewed it Firefox 3.01 would crash when I was on facebook or a few other sites.

I figured Firefox was the problem and switched to Google Chrome but I've been having the same problem. I can't even uninstall Firefox from my computer.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? I think I may need to upgrade my videocard but I don't know why this problem would just start abruptly like this.

Thanks

Freezing/rebooting sounds more like a problem on the hardware level than the software. It sounds like a PSU problem. Do the freezes happen only when the system is under load or at anytime?

Do you think you could run a stress test to see if it freezes more often?

Well the freezes have only happened when I've been on the internet and I'm not running anything out of the ordinary. I've even been listening to iTunes, have it freeze, yet the music still plays.

How do I run a stress test?

download like Prime95 or play a game for a long time as a stress test.

maybe reformat windows?

Clean Install of XP might help and have all the newest drivers.

yup...
easiest and fastest way to solve problems with pc's. ofcourse unless its at a hardware level...then you may need to dish out some $$ to fix it.

This is freezing and rebooting though, sounds much more like an inadequate PSU than a corrupted OS.

Back
Top Bottom