headstes

You'll find if you get massive studio type ones, they take a lot more to be powered by your computer/MP3 player, etc, so they have to be turned up a lot louder to get the same response from a smaller pair. This is to do with the resistance.

I have a lovely pair of Senheiser PX100's, and love them.
The bass is crisp and punchy, the mids excellent, and the highs, as they should be.
I've had them for around a year and a half, and even though they are light/fold up, they haven't broken on me yet, so the qualities pretty amazing on the build too.

Only nag is that they don't cover sound very well, so people can here your music if set too loud, and you can still hear surroundings.

There is a version above the ones I have though, which have cushions that do block sound, but one thing about these headphones that I like, is the openness of the sound. Something that you get less off with closed ear cup versions.

i mostly need this for my laptop for my zune i have the zune headphones which are good but i want some better ones for when i want good sound

Well, you'll find large headphones will most likely have too high of a resistance for use with personal MP3 players, unless they are well specced.

It's called impedance. For most systems it's 8 to 40 ohms. As for brand names it depends on how much you want to spend. I like Bose and Altec Lansing for my headsets. But I have the money to spend for them.
On the lower end you can get a good set from Radio Shack for that matter. Get the recomended impeadance off the specs for your system and go from there.

And does your room mate have speakers or a headset? You know not liking each other's music is a two way street.

Look I'll let you in on how to buy a headset. Got to a shop and slap them on your head. What sounds good to you is the ones you get. Buying a headset online is a joke.

i cannot leave the campus for 2 weeks due to the fact i threatened to beat the snot out of kid and called him some racist names cause he pissed me off and almost killed me through stupidity so just tell some good damn headphones that are 50-60 bucks or below so i can finally listen to my music without making my roommate mad.

actually my headset now is awesome for music, the sound is soo rich and clean and the bass sounds really good, it was only 20$
PLANTRONICS GAMECOM1 67003-01 3.5mm Supra-aural Stereo Gaming Headset

If I were you, I'd buy it :)

Back
Top Bottom