Car Thread!

Heh, I chipped my OBDI ECU so that my rev limiter is removed, timing is made more aggressive and everything is designed to run on premium fuel only. Which means anything lower than 91 and I'll get knocking. Isn't smog legal, but I can always swap the stock chip back in when I need to smog.

...or bribe the mechanic. :p

Nice!

My car isn't exactly smog legal, but as long as the computer thinks everything's OK, then I'm OK! :)

Yeah, my short ram CAI isn't CARB legal either, but that's why I kept the stock airbox! :p

The good thing about all my parts are that they're easily swappable. So when I need to smog I just switch back.

jeep8-08.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
4.0L Inline 6
4X4
New leather
New carpet
Alpine Sound system w/ 12" Alpine sub
New paint
LED Brake lights w/ LED turn signals
LED turn signals up front coming soon

It's pretty sharp.. :D

Yeah, my short ram CAI isn't CARB legal either, but that's why I kept the stock airbox! :p

The good thing about all my parts are that they're easily swappable. So when I need to smog I just switch back.

Yeah F*ck california and their stupid automotive laws. There so tight up the ass in here.

Yeah, at least there aren't anymore California State Refs anymore. No funding left for them so they got terminated by the Governator. :p

1996 Ford Probe GT. puts 157hp and 153ftlbs to the pavement. It is one of the most aerodynamic cars ever produced in the states and in 96 they didn't believe in speed limiters lol. They have really small gears, which is why the car has great acceleration at highway speeds. For instance when i'm cruising at 65mph the tach is at like 3,500rpm.

Gearing wise sounds pretty close to my zx2. Those can be fun cars with forced induction, in my experience they are great from a dig but the top end leaves a bit to be desired. I wasn't aware they didn't come with a speed limiter. Hopefully you have something other than the stock tires driving like that.

** Update - on my car. **
Don't know if you guys remember my rx7 I posted up a while back. She's getting closer, I have some wiring to finish up after the swap and am still waiting for the drive train (turbo trans, driveshaft, 4.10 lsd, and axles) and my exhaust (3 1/4 in downpipe to 3in back to the y pipe with dual 2 1/2 in from there). Hopefully have some pictures of it up soon again with it actually moving.
For reference, it's a Black 89 RX7 GTU with an S5 turbo engine swapped into.

Z rated, i'm not that dumb yo lol. And damn that sounds like a nice 7. Used to have a first gen that was pretty nice, it simply had straight pipes and was probably the loudest car ever.

Back
Top Bottom