windows xp max ram??

haha 32 bit xp pro amd 4800+ epox mb 7 gigs of ddr400 2x1x2x2 shows and operates at 7 gigs indesign is a memory hog if you use the application youd know you need 4+ gigs because everything you do is flash generated and stays in ram

i know what im talking about i been doing it for 10 years built 10 systems
windows xp with sp2 can do it i have proof in my office so meh keep doubting and reading the random bs others post

it is hardware based then the new sp2 memory table if you have max memory you can use it all just not at 100% capacity because your processor cant process it fast enough thats the cap they are talking about not the limitation on seeing it

so keep on your rants that im retarded im done proving things

I never ranted or said you were retarded. I simply stated how it works AND posted a link to Microsoft that tells you the limit. You can go right ahead believing that if you want to. I'm just saying quit giving out incorrect information to other people. Show me some solid proof and I'll take you more seriously, but that is how it works, the motherboard has nothing to do with how the operating system addresses memory, sorry.

haha 32 bit xp pro amd 4800+ epox mb 7 gigs of ddr400 2x1x2x2 shows and operates at 7 gigs indesign is a memory hog if you use the application youd know you need 4+ gigs because everything you do is flash generated and stays in ram

i know what im talking about i been doing it for 10 years built 10 systems
windows xp with sp2 can do it i have proof in my office so meh keep doubting and reading the random bs others post

it is hardware based then the new sp2 memory table if you have max memory you can use it all just not at 100% capacity because your processor cant process it fast enough thats the cap they are talking about not the limitation on seeing it

Give us a screenshot.

i looked on wickipida and it said that the max was 4 gig but yiou could only see like 3.25 or 3.5 gigs.

I always thought max RAM was how much ram your mobo could take.... :p

That's one limitation yes, however OS's can only address soo much. In the case of 32-bit software, it can only address up to four gigs of memory.

All the limit on the motherbaord does is say "This is the largest I can handle without frying".

Back
Top Bottom