Parent help.

im sorry to hear about this dude, but i dont no what to say, do you have a really good friend that would let you live at his house? also file a law suit for the cd's lol(if u want, mostly jk, no one flip at me)

Yes my parents piss me off too. I went to my friends house today to work on homecoming stuff, her parents were just upstairs, I got over like just 10 minutes after she got done with cheerleading practice, she probably never even mentioned to her parents that I was coming, we worked on something for a while, then just left for the volleyball game, didnt have to mention anything to them at all. Got back, had another kid with us, went inside worked til 9 on this stuff, her dad came home, offered us drinks that's bout it....
My parents on the other hand... Call me at 8, wonder where I am, even though I had already told them, have to know the name of the persons house, who she is bla bla bla... If it was at my house, my parents would have embarressed me first, then when we had to leave for the vollyball game, she would keep asking when I would be home and all, exact time, and if we had anything to drink, we would have to stay in the kitchen... stict stuff...
And when I get home, all I get is complaints on how bad I am doing in sociology class(C-), for 30 minutes but nothing about my ACT scores I just got that will be high enough for me to get the presidential scholarship at MSOE possibly... They are so negative about everything.
Parents are your parents, yes they are the ones that pay for all your shit, and take care of you, but they still owe us respect as we are forced to give it to them. If a parent respects his/her kid, the kid will naturaly do the same. If you have strict parents, the kid will naturaly rebel.

Yea, sorry for your parent troubles. I have understanding parents so I'm okay. I have parents that let me watch the Unrated version of Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay with my 12 year old cousin etc.

Personally I don't see why they take your Music away from you. I would ask why. Usually parents take out there anger on there children when there is something wrong with work, or other parent problems. Music to me is something that I NEED to relax, no matter how loud it is. Music is something that is important to a person and should not be taken away unless for a punishment.

And if I were you, I would buy a external HDD and load up all your music on that etc. I'm thankful that I have parents that don't know how to look for hidden files on the computer.

Just tell them straight up you don't like the way they are treating you and that you deserve privacy. If they don't like it, well then that proves their ignorance.

Is that why you don't have time for your forums :( ?

Yeah,trying to get this course done quickly,is not letting me do alot of things,Time wise.

Just tell them straight up you don't like the way they are treating you and that you deserve privacy. If they don't like it, well then that proves their ignorance.

Yeah im going to say that,i just have to pick my moments LOL.

Yea, sorry for your parent troubles. I have understanding parents so I'm okay. I have parents that let me watch the Unrated version of Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay with my 12 year old cousin etc.

Personally I don't see why they take your Music away from you. I would ask why. Usually parents take out there anger on there children when there is something wrong with work, or other parent problems. Music to me is something that I NEED to relax, no matter how loud it is. Music is something that is important to a person and should not be taken away unless for a punishment.

And if I were you, I would buy a external HDD and load up all your music on that etc. I'm thankful that I have parents that don't know how to look for hidden files on the computer.

Sorry to hear about your issues but your 15.. get over it, but in response to the quote.. wow i don't know what kind of parents you have/ had but i feel sorry for you. not to mention thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I have always had a very open relationship with my parents, my parents are more of the cocky type that tear into me and I tear right back, its a mutual thing and I love it.

Parents do usually take it out on children actually... My dad will get angry at himself over something stupid he says, and explode on me.

perhaps you should say your parents do that.

i have to say that my parents never did that.

With regards privacy and money etc, I really think that you should count ourselves lucky.

I always thought that my parents weren't that strict.

There were no locks on any doors, (except the front door and back door to the house).
I wasn't allowed out after dark when I was younger, and always had to be home by nine, I even had to be home by nine when I was 15, when I turned 16 I think that the time was between nine and ten, the only exception to this was Monday night and Friday night when I'd go to band, and that finished at 9:30, so I'd then walk home and be home for around 10.
I didn't get pocket money, nothing was given to me, if I wanted money I had to ear money, and earning money wasn't easy.
there was a 'job sheet' on the wall, I could earn money by doing jobs. for example, if I prepared dinner, (peeling potatoes chopping veg) that was worth 5 pence. if I cooked the whole dinner start to finish that was worth 20 pence.
if I did the dishes after dinner that was worth 10 pence.
if I did the laundry, (as in everyone's laundry, not just mine) that was worth 15 pence.
I could go to work with my dad to earn more money, (say £5) where I could work as a labourer carrying slabs/bags of cement/pushing a lawn mower etc (he's a landscape gardener).

If I swore at my parents, I got a slap, if I swore where they could hear my I'd either get told to mind my language or a slap depending on how bad it was.

If my parents thought I was hiding something from them they'd search me, and/or my room.

there was 1 computer, it was in the living room, screen turned towards the room, if ever anyone was on the internet everyone could see what they were doing.

As far as music went, i didn't have the greatest amount of money for buying music, but my parents would at least support me developing my own tastes. if I wanted to record something from the Radio they'd let me, if I wanted to copy a tape or CD from a friend they'd let me.

pretty much the only condition was that it wasn't rude or explicit,
I imagine that if I'd been sat about listening to something that had encouraged the use of bad language my parents wouldn't have liked it.

I didn't have a computer that was in my room (as in I could use it in private) until I was 18 and was working.
my sister was allowed a computer in her room slightly before then but pretty much the rule was that if the families PC was to be in her room then she should expect the family to be in there using it. thus she lost all her privacy.
the only time that she got a computer that was hers and she could use it herself was when she was about 15 or 16, and that's because I'd been working and I bought her one for christmas.

all you saying it's not fair cause my parents won't just give me money.
or it's not fair my parents won't let me listen to my music loud
or my parents won't let me have my own computer...

that's life, either live with it, or find a way around it.

(My way around it was to store things I didn't want my parents to see on disks).
(My way around curfews was to show my parents that I could be trusted, and also that the people I was hanging around with could also be trusted).

at the time I always used to be pissed off that I wasn't out with everyone late at night, but with hind sight, I'm actually quite glad that I was going home rather than standing around outside of shops getting cold and doing nothing.

Back
Top Bottom