Video Card RAM Capability

What kind of PSU would u recommend? Does the PC I want to get have that type of PSU? :confused: I know, I know, I'm a computer dummy... :D

i dont know if you know what PSU is, but it stands for Power Supply Unit.
Most brand computers dont come with one with either enough watts or amps.
The cheapest i have found was $50 for a good quality one, but thats from newegg.
So i guess with your budget, you really cant get an 8800GT or others high end cards due to the lack of power...

an 8800GTS requires a minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amps.)
that PSU has 18Amps.

Darn, i can't find any +12 Volts, 26 Amps power suppliers anywhere! It practically only goes up to 18 Amps. Please show me a few links to a few in-the-requirements power suppliers. newegg.com doesn't tell u the +12 Amps. They only tell u general info. I looked at tigerdirect.com and, like I said, I didn't find a +12 V 26 A power supply. Please help me.

I know, I'm a real pain being a computer dummy... just pull through a little longer... ;)

Darn, i can't find any +12 Volts, 26 Amps power suppliers anywhere! It practically only goes up to 18 Amps. Please show me a few links to a few in-the-requirements power suppliers. newegg.com doesn't tell u the +12 Amps. They only tell u general info. I looked at tigerdirect.com and, like I said, I didn't find a +12 V 26 A power supply. Please help me.

I know, I'm a real pain being a computer dummy... just pull through a little longer... ;)

Newegg does tell you the amps on the 12v rail(s), it's always in one of the pictures of the unit, and the 12v rail has way over 18 amps on some units, this SilverStone psu has over 50 amps on a single 12v rail (it also costs about $175)...

17-256-033-22.jpg

May I suggest you stop trying to get the cheapest parts for your computer and spend a little more on quality items. Quality is always better.

This PSU should work fine as it has two 12 volt rails. (You only use one, so its around double the amp's I believe. I'm bad with the whole electrical conversion.) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3482959&CatId=1079

I have a motherboard that requires 26 Amps and my 12 volt rails have 21 and 22 Amps on them. Since I'm not using one, I believe its all in one rail.

that power supply should have 36Amps, so it should be good enough, and its made by OCZ, and they make quality PSU.

Back
Top Bottom