Problem with computer, screen problems

Yeah... so what would I do here? Would I be able to send it back for a bigger one if I ever get this fking thing off?

Why would you buy that big of a card for such a small board in the first place?
I would get a diff board if you can, How is that supposed to sit in the case? I bet the board shorted.

How can you tell if the board is shorted?

Edit: It sits in the case just fine. The monitor just would never turn on. So I don't know what the problem is.

WOW! Nice card, by the way. Try taking out your RAM and putting it in different slots. Try only putting in one stick then turning it on. If it works, then turn it back off and add another stick. I would definitely recommend getting a new motherboard, though. If that a Micro ATX board. I don't know how that card is going to fit in a small tower, haha. It's most probably the RAM. I had that problem when I built my computer. Everything would turn on, but there would be no display. A few hours later, I kept doing the trial and error method. I got it to work by reseating the RAM>

anything can be the reason why the computer is not starting properly.
Do you even get any post beeps when you tried turning on your computer?

might sound kind of stupid, but maybe try clearing the CMOS, which is to take out the quarter sized battery out, and leave it out for a good 10 minutes.
worked for a build i did, it would turn on, but no display nor post beeps, then i cleared the CMOS, and it started to work.

Try rebuilding the computer on a table with a towel underneath. You can remove that card. On the right side of that slot there is a lever as the other guys have suggested, just take a screw driver and push it out, don't push the wrong way. It's a simple device, I'm sure you can figure it out.

I had a board like this the other week, check your cpu see if you have any bent pins or broken pins in the zif socket.
make sure you haven't got a screw left in the graphics card (not taking the piss i have done this myself) other than that it can be a very tight fit sometimes and you need to put in slightly more force than you would think. Use a screwdriver to get the end of the white clip and press it down, it will push the card up slightly releasing it. the card and your pcb are although delicate they are strong enough to take quite a bit of force.
Have you put thermal paste between your cpu and heat sink?
The fact that it turns off after 2 seconds is a short, if al teh hardware is fine and i would take every wire out and start again with the build, it could be a faulty board or you were unfortunate enough to burn something out as soon as you turned it on. Have you got a pcb speaker do you get any beeps?

Back
Top Bottom