Google giving up to 10mil for idea

I just made some funny stuff like, for the community one I said glueing people together so they get a "strong bond" lol
And I did one where I demanded $1000, funny shit, I'd laugh so hard if my idea makes it through.
News headlines, "13 year old boy wins Google's 10to100 by submitting the most stupid idea".

lol VOTE FOR ME!!

the funny thing is that the things that you come up with and question whether they are possible are the ones that are probably the best and the ones that you'll probably not be able to do.

as a simple example to illustrate this, I have a friend, ,who some 7 or 8 years ago sought my advice as to whether his idea could get off the ground.
he basically wanted to create a service where rather than buying software and running it on your computer, you merely rented access to software running on the internet,

So rather than spending £2000 on photo shop, you'd spend £20 a month, but in the times that customer A wasn't using photo shop, customer B could use it instead,
his idea was that everyone used programs like office, but most people didn't want to buy them, and that software should be accessible on-line to everyone.

at that time, (pre broadband) the idea was basically impossible, there was never enough bandwidth to stream the applications properly, and products such as Citrix just weren't mature enough to be able to support this.

over time we just forgot about the idea.
that is until Google office came along, and now the latest thing in the market appears to be SAS (Software As Service) it's exactly what my friend described to me some 8 years before it was truly possible.

So, get thinking, no matter how abstract the idea is, or anything like that, think it up, write it up and submit it. (don't forget to save to your sent items as well!)

You dont have to be a geek to use word or photoshop. Almost everyone that owns a computer does. And those that don't own a computer are either stuck in the 19th century or dont have the money.

yes...

I realise that, but the two collide very often.
I love how in CNNs report the cite the "hippo water roller" as new and innovative...

however I'd believe that it most likely infringes on the patents of the aqua roll product

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=aquaroll&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

(note -I'm by no means criticising it as a bad idea, I'm just saying that it's not extremely innovative -it's an existing product, made bigger and renamed).

Back
Top Bottom